Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Motorcyclist clocked @ 142 mph on Palisades Pkwy

11 posts in this topic

:blink:

Motorcyclist arrested after 142 mph chase

Thursday June 22, 2006

ORANGEBURG, N.Y. (AP)

A motorcyclist from Ossining is facing charges after a chase on the Palisades Interstate Parkway that police say reached 142 miles per hour.

New York State Police say 34-year-old Sean Virgo was arrested about six p-m Tuesday.

Virgo is an employee of the New York City Administration for Children's Services.

State police say Virgo was clocked on radar driving his 2004 Yamaha about 97 miles per hour southbound near Exit Five in Orangeburg.

As the trooper began to pursue, police say Virgo accelerated as he went over the state line into New Jersey, and was clocked at 142 miles per hour by Palisades Interstate Parkway Police who patrol the parkway in New Jersey.

Police say Virgo drove across the grassy median near Exit Two and tried to turn around northbound, but was intercepted by P-I-P police.

He's charged with eluding police. He's being held in the Bergen County jail on 20-thousand dollars bail. He also faces charges in New York of first-degree reckless endangerment.

Sheila Stainback, a spokeswoman for the A-C-S, told The Journal News yesterday that Virgo had worked for the agency since 1997 as an emergency children's services investigator

Oh like you never did that......kidding...I didn't even know the radars clock that high....fry him!!

I clocked a bike at 152 MPH the other day, Taconic N/B in Yorktown. Fastest I've ever seen it read...

142 mph you got to be kidding. There is no reason to be driving like that especially on a parkway, you are putting your life at risk as well as other motorists, That guy should be locked up for good.

152mph in yorktown near all that construction?? youuuu'reeee asskinnnggg for it if you dare that

I clocked a bike at 152 MPH the other day, Taconic N/B in Yorktown. Fastest I've ever seen it read...

Was this near 202?

Going North as you pass 202, near the N/B ramp used to be real dangerous to merge on ...is it still that way? That would suck coming over that hill and............

That is one dangerous road to begin with without adding some nut job to the plan!

Edited by nyemt131411

Was this near 202?

Going North as you pass 202, near the N/B ramp used to be real dangerous to merge on ...is it still that way?  That would suck coming over that hill and............

That is one dangerous road to begin with without adding some nut job to the plan!

It was northbound at Baldwin, just south of the construction zone...

I drive fast in my car, but that it an insane speed for a bike or a car PERIOD! FRY EM! ;)

I drive fast in my car, but that it an insane speed for a bike or a car PERIOD! FRY EM! ;)

... probably be more of a scrape off in this situtation :o

He'll be lucky if he doesn't lose his job. The City Disciplinary people don't like stuff like that.

He'll be lucky if he doesn't lose his job. The City Disciplinary people don't like stuff like that.

especially after all the recent trouble at ACS...no need for more bad press