Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New England Chiefs Show

3 posts in this topic

Reminder:

Another one of my favorite shows, the New England Chiefs Association Expo, is being held this weekend in West Springfield, MA. It's about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from the WC.

Rumor has it that the new Stamford Engine 1 (2004 HME/"Ahrens Fox") and Boston Ladder 15 (2004 Pierce Dash RM) will be there.

Also huge apparatus-only parade on the AM of the 27th.

For more information, visit:

http://www.newenglandfirechiefs.org/

Anyone thinking of attending, it is definate worth the ride, if for nothing else a day trip.

If you leave early enough to beat the traffic it shouldn't take much more than an hour to get to.

Another year, another excellent show.

However, IMO, they do have the room to expand a little to allow some more vendors and space.

Some highlights for me (See the photos on EMTBravo.com):

-Stamford's new Engine 5. Nothing too impressive on the engine, and I was actually horrified by some choices (one is the lighting package :-( ) but since I like the Stamford FD, it was a highlight.

-Yarmouth's Pierce Tower Quint

-Oxford EMS's new Ambulance. Fully loaded and custom by Medix Ambulances for only $87,000. I'm not sure about the construction quality or materials, or the "Carson" siren, lol.

-Pierce Arrow XT Rescue Demo. Similar to what's going to Providence, RI, and the Arrow XT is an awesome rugged chasis with a nice layout.

-The Seagrave Attacker Meanstick. Nice rig, and the two new sales reps were awesome as well.

-Smeal Altair, Smeals new spartanlike chasis

-ALF Eagle Rearmount Tower, Fun Ride in the bucket!!! (The TL rides are probaly the best part of the show! hehe)

-Phoenix Engine. What a progressive awesome design!

-Firematic B.R.A.T What an awesone brush truck!

-The Vacum tanker! Amazing, it pulls in a whole tank of water in less than a minute.

There was a ton more, but thats all that comes to mind right now.

Also, another highlight was catching the Avon Parade on the way home. Cool town and parade.