Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huzzie59

Diamond Plate-Best way to clean and polish?

9 posts in this topic

Any ideas on the best way to clean and polish aluminum diamond plate?

Any ideas on the best way to clean and polish aluminum diamond plate?

scrub with noxon then polish with soft cloth

We used Blue Magic metal polish and the Mothers powerball... the 2 worked great together

Gunsmoke toilet bowl cleaner works very well. I swear, I know this sounds like a joke, but it is one of the best cleaners for diamond plate. Just don't mix it with water...

Find some old carpet (1/2inch) that has a good glue fiber backing. Cut a piece about 6 inches long by 3.5 wide. Take a scrub brush and cut all the bristles off and apoxy carpet upside down to the bottom of the carpet. Apply Mothers/Noxon or whatever you use liberally to surface and work it with the carpet. Have someone else follow right away with a good towel to get excess. Buff after drying as ususal.

If you have a few bucks to spend, and you can't afford switching over to stainless steel, after you get you diamond plate looking perfect, clear coat it. Then its windex all the way.

Use flitz aluminum polish with the mothers powerball, after cleaning and drying the diamond plate. Then wipe clean and go over with a regular clean car buffer, preferably a fuzzy one not the smooth kind. Comes out like a mirror finish with minimal effort i have found.

The way my firehouse have been keeping the trucks prize winning shine is to use Rolite Polish and now with the powerball they both work great....

just use mothers, works the best ,if you take youre time with it and keep up with it ,it will always have a shine,just due a 3+3 are and a lot a soft clean rags,use old tee shirts to rub it in and soft towels to take it off,towel off youre rig when it gets wet,keep the mothers away from the screw heads or you will be there with a tooth brush to get thw wax out,