Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PMFD~TL3

New Rochelle New Ladder 12?

16 posts in this topic

Yes. The new truck will be an American LaFrance 110 foot tandem axle rear mount ladder. Tower Ladder 11 will now officially be the shortest truck in the city :D

Edited by lad12derff

wow that's awesome, do you know when it is going to be delivered?

So it must me a Big Truck, I hered they stuck with a small truck due to the narrow streets in that area of the city.

american lafrance makes nice ladder trucks i passed by the station yesterday and it looks like theres plenty of room for a bigger ladder but this is another thing what about the narrow streets on that side of town

american lafrance makes nice ladder trucks i passed by the station yesterday and it looks like theres plenty of room for a bigger ladder but this is another thing what about the narrow streets on that side of town

From what I heard, I don't think the new truck is supposed to be any bigger than the new engine 22

From what I heard, I don't think the new truck is supposed to be any bigger than the new engine 22

C'mon E-22 is'nt that big, is it?

from what i hear at the station (since i work in new rochelle) the last word which was a while ago, was that they are looking for a ladder roughly the same dimensions as the current L12. Reason being is that the west end gets pretty narrow. also so that it'll fit into station 2 w/o problem.

The new E22 is rather tall due to the rescue compartments on top to handle the squad companies initial response equiptment. I will post the new specs when I get to work.

NEW LADDER 12 HAS BEEN ORDERED AND SHOULD BE IN THE CITY LATE SPRING OR EARLY SUMMER 2007. ALF. WON THE BID. THE APPARATUS WILL BE 110FT. WHICH WILL MAKE RIG BIGGER THAN THE PRESENT LDR.12 WHICH IS A 75FT. AS YOU KNOW THE CITY OF NEW ROCHELLE IS EXPEREIENCING A BUILDING BOOM AND IT WOULD BE BETTER TO HAVE A LONGER AERIAL FIRST OR SECOND DUE TO THIS AREA.

VARIOUS MODELS OF 100FT.REAR MOUNTS WERE BROUGHT INTO THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND ALL SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO GET AROUND THE SECTION KNOWN AS "THE WEST" WITH EASE. HOWEVER THE FIREHOUSE IS TIGHT AND ALL MODELLS HAD TO BE BACKED IN WITH CARE.

NEW LADDER 12 HAS BEEN ORDERED AND SHOULD BE IN THE CITY LATE SPRING OR EARLY SUMMER 2007. ALF. WON THE BID. THE APPARATUS WILL BE 110FT. WHICH WILL MAKE RIG BIGGER THAN THE PRESENT LDR.12 WHICH IS A 75FT. AS YOU KNOW THE CITY OF NEW ROCHELLE IS EXPEREIENCING A BUILDING BOOM AND IT WOULD BE BETTER TO HAVE A LONGER AERIAL FIRST OR SECOND DUE TO THIS AREA.

VARIOUS MODELS OF 100FT.REAR MOUNTS WERE BROUGHT INTO THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND ALL SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO GET AROUND THE SECTION KNOWN AS "THE WEST" WITH EASE. HOWEVER THE FIREHOUSE IS TIGHT AND ALL MODELLS HAD TO BE BACKED IN WITH CARE.

Why not purchase a tiller, if street width is a concern? That's what use to respond out of Station 12 during the 70's and early 80's? Just food for thought. smile.gif

I believe the new ALF 110 footer may have the narrowest jack spread now. Something like 12'? Pretty sweet on narrow streets with no learning curve for depts not using tillers currently.

The shop mechanic does not want to add body work to his position.Thats why we will not see a tiller biggrin.gif

REGARDING A TILLER FOR LADDER 12, THAT WAS CONSIDERED, HOWEVER THE TOTAL LENGTH OF NEARLY 60 FEET MADE HOUSING IT IN EXISTING QUARTERS RATHER IFFY.

THE AREA SERVICED BY LADDER 12 HAS SOME TIGHT STREETS BUT THE AREA HAS BEEN SERVICED BY REAR MOUNTS SINCE 1986 WITH NO TROULBLE.

FOLKS ARE CORRECT WHEN THEY SPEAK OF THE JACK SPREAD ON THIS NEW TRUCK --12 FEET, NOW THAT WILL BE HELPFUL.

VERY IMPRESSIVE, WILL BE THE AMOUNT OF COMPARTMENT SPACE ADDED FOR ALL THE GEAR CARRIED.

OF COURSE A FULL LOAD OF PORTABLE LADDERS (ISO) AND 35 MORE FEET ON THE AERIAL WILL BE MOST WELCOMED.

REGARDING A TILLER FOR LADDER 12, THAT WAS CONSIDERED, HOWEVER THE TOTAL LENGTH OF NEARLY 60 FEET MADE HOUSING IT IN EXISTING QUARTERS RATHER IFFY.

THE AREA SERVICED BY LADDER 12 HAS SOME TIGHT STREETS BUT THE AREA HAS BEEN SERVICED BY REAR MOUNTS SINCE 1986 WITH NO TROULBLE.

FOLKS ARE CORRECT WHEN THEY SPEAK OF THE JACK SPREAD ON THIS NEW TRUCK --12 FEET, NOW THAT WILL BE HELPFUL.

VERY IMPRESSIVE, WILL BE THE AMOUNT OF COMPARTMENT SPACE ADDED  FOR ALL THE GEAR CARRIED.

OF COURSE A FULL LOAD OF PORTABLE LADDERS (ISO) AND 35 MORE FEET ON THE AERIAL WILL BE MOST WELCOMED.

Couldn't agree with you more. I always said I'd hate to be the guy at the 7th fl. or higher window who desparately needed that extra 20-25ft. to get my a$$ out of a jam. unsure.gif