Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bibbles10504

What comes over your pager.

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I was listning to my pager in "scanner mode" and I could hear when tones go out and what is said from 60 control and I can also hear differnt departments sign on the air. But some times I can't hear radio communication from an apparatus. (But sometimes I can.) Does anyone have this problem, or know why this happens?

Thanks for the help

Is it a 46.26 low-band pager?

If it is, actually, no matter what band or frequency it is, the reception range on pagers isn't so good. If you hear apparatus sometimes, it's because you are within a close enough proximity to them to hear them.

PM me if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer them.

For my pager, when 60 tones out harrison, i can pick up the voice crystal clear, but never once have I heard the tones

For my pager, when 60 tones out harrison, i can pick up the voice crystal clear, but never once have I heard the tones

Harrison's tones go out on 33.96, and voice is simulcast on 46.26 as well.

My pager does that every once in a while. Since I'm speaking from out of county experience, I can only surmise what is going on. It may be that you're too far away from the radio communications tower that a particular department is using, thus you cannot hear what they say. However, since the county transmitter is generally stronger than that of the radio towers throughout the county, you hear the county communications center answer the particular unit that is out on the road.

I have also found that the higher up you go maybe on the first or second floor of a building compared to outside in the street or on the ground, the better it is to hear apparatus on your pager as the radio waves have an easier time traveling as well as less physical objects between you and the unit talking.

Edited by cas2383

I use to get New Cannan over my pager & i get them on both my scanners even fireground

Man you get the voice better then I do,I'll give you my # when you hear where the call is call me biggrin.gif

Edited by HFD750