Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635:LA Bliss!

16 posts in this topic

Hey Seth, if I hear about you buying a brand new Wrangler when you come home because you liked your rental so much, I'm gonna be "very unhappy". wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Another blog enrtry made about our AWESOME day yesterday. We're having a GREAT time out here, and we had quite a full first day. The blog entry is short, and the writing barely sketches over how great the day was. We got a lot of good photos (and some crappy videos), so expect more photos to be posted when we arrive home (typing and web layout from a laptop is annoying). I'm LOVING LA as usual.

BTW, when I get home, my new computer will be waiting for me.

Here, read the blog entry:

http://x635.blogspot.com

Hey Seth, if I hear about you buying a brand new Wrangler when you come home because you liked your rental so much, I'm gonna be "very unhappy".  wink.gif  wink.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

LOL. The Jeep is OK, it definetly serves its purpose out here quite well, and the color suits me perfectly. It makes a great platform to shoot from as well. However, the top is a gi-normous pain in the butt to put down, and I'm dreading haccing to put it back up, and the turning radius on it sucks. Plus, nothing beats a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab with the 4.7 High Output engine. If I get anything new, it will be something more conservative and practical, such as a Honda Element or another VW Jetta.

Hey Seth,

The LAFD is still actively testing and the LACoFD will be testing in the beginning of 2007. VCFD is also testing. KCFD will be testing soon. When are you going to move out here?

Hey Seth,

The LAFD is still actively testing and the LACoFD will be testing in the beginning of 2007. VCFD is also testing. KCFD will be testing soon. When are you going to move out here?

I love my Hartsdale guys way too much to leave them. So, my LAFD aspirations will be followed either:

When I'm 46, and if LAFD has no age limit at that time

-OR-

If I win Mega-Millions, and buy a house in Beverly Hills. Then I can take all the guys in Hartsdale Fire with me!!!!!

It is a great job, I do have to admit, though. But the job, it wouldn't be the same without all my brothers now.

Yeah, but at least out here you'll get fires, in good weather and then go to In-N-Out before going beck to quarters...

True!

On the update, I've decided I'm going to live at the pool in The Standard Downtown. smile.gif ...check my latest entry for details.

Yeah, but at least out here you'll get fires, in good weather and then go to In-N-Out before going beck to quarters...

Man, sounds like a sweet gig to me!!!

Where do I sign up?

Never had the privilege of going to an In-N-Out, and probably never will. I'd say I wish they'd build some around here, but they'd probably be just as under-appreciated as Krispy Kreme was, and be gone in less than two years. sad.gif

Photos from the L.A. Bliss trip, as described in previous blog entries, have been posted

http://www.emtbravo.lunarpages.com/x635Photos/LABliss.html

-OR-

www.emtbravo.com

Although it wasn't an official "buff trip", I sure got lucky with the shots I got. And I'm all ready and have a list for my next trip during the first week of October. My favorite shot it of the one of me swimming in the pool with the LA skyline in the background. Kris actually took that one, she actually took several of them.

What?? No Battalion 6??

No USAR 134??

Edited by JBE

Don't worry Jimmy. I'll make sure he gets Batt. 6, USAR 134 and the rest of North Ops while he is out here next month.

What?? No Battalion 6??

No USAR 134??

I wasn't aiming for anything in particular, this was a trip for vacation, I shot what I came across, was very lucky and happy with the photos I was able to get.

As for "Battalion 6, USAR 134", I have shot USAR 134, and with the exception of Engine 33, am much more interested in central and southern ops for my October trip. And BTW, I'm not an LA novice either. I know what I want to shoot, and have things lined up already smile.gif

Edited by x635

Seth we should get info on In-N-Out, I could see one in your area,

Seth we should get info on In-N-Out, I could see one in your area,

In-N-Out is privately owned. They don't sell franchises (unfortunately). A partner and I looked into it not that long ago. Thought it would go over big out here but they want nothing to do with it.