Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 313Buff

Yonkers New Rigs

21 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if the MSU has been delivered yet? I also heard there are two new battalion cars on order? Anything else?

I dont think the new MSU truck has been delivered yet. The new Batt1 is in, awaiting decals. It's not confirmed if they are ordering a new batt 2 at this time. They are still waiting to place orders for E- 303, 311 (Which I heard is supposed to be a squad) and 314.

What is the new Battalion 1? An Excursion?

I'm really not sure....but here is some more info on Yonkers Rigs (If you didn't know)

- Yonkers just purchased an old Pepsi Tractor trailer. It will be used to assist Rescue 1 with equipment at multi alarm fires. Right now it's up at Ridge Hill.

-Yonkers is still working on there recently delivered mobile command unit (former FDNY) They are still doing major repairs to the inside, but the outside is all done. It should be expected to be ready by the end of the summer.

Update: I found out today (or remembered) today that the new Battalion 1 is a 2004 Ford Expedition.

Any idea of the unit ID for the new Hazmat rig?

Isn't the mobile Command a old School Class room thingy?

I would take a picture of it, but it's always hidden.

It is very interesting to read that you have heard that when the New Replacement Rigs for Engines 303, 311, & 314 come in, the Rig for E311 will be a SQUAD RIG. Are the new plans within the YFD, is to use E311 for East Side Responses, in lieu of Rescue 1, coming all the way from the West Side (Hdqs)? What kind of rig would the New Engine/Squad 311 be? What are the Specs? (is it going to be an American LaFrance Rig?). What about the New Engine 303 and 314? Any news on the New Engine or Ladder Company being added to YFD (Engine Company 301 or Ladder 76) going up to either Ridge Hill or possibly at Station 11 on Bronxville Road. Any news on that as well. I appreciate your insight and knowledge and look forward to your response.

When they put the specs together for each rig, they notify the companies who make the rigs and if interested in making it to those specs, will give a price for each rig. The lowest bidder will get the contract to make the rig. The way they can get around that is if they don't think the bidder will meet their specs 100%. I'm sure if they are happy with ALF, they will push for them again. I know ALF was very willing to work with Yonkers before and wanted the contract for the past rigs, so I can't see them not pushing again. So I Imagine 311, 314, 303 might all just be ALF's, but you never know, Maybe they will turn to smeal?

I have some new information pertaining to the new MSU truck. It is currently in Florida getting worked on, and It will be sent to Campbell NJ in two weeks and be put in service in mid to late August. I have received some shots of it, that I have sent to Seth.

The new MSU is HOT!

The new batt-1 is 98% done, it is still awaiting lights, and will take about a month or so for it to be in service. Also the new MSU should be in service within the next few weeks.

Given the recent unfortunate accident that E-311 had, are there plans to push up the receipt of the New E-311? If so, what would be the difference between the Engine Company Specifications and a Squad Specificiations, since the rumor is that E-311 will be a "Squad Unit" for the East Side, rather than simply an Engine Company. Any comments. (Also any update on the New E-303 and E-314)?

Is that trailer being permanently based at Ridge Hill?

Or is it just temporary until a new home can be found for it?

No photo opportunities due to the 24 hour manned guard house which is there to prevent illegal dumping according to a representative from Forest City Ratner speaking a a community meeting months back. Site probably also make a good lover's lane for kids. But if they hold Yonkers Business Week up there again next year for a day or two, it's worth taking a ride up there to check out this unique property. Don't miss.

Given the recent unfortunate accident that E-311 had, are there plans to push up the receipt of the New E-311?

I doubt it. I beleive the damage to Engine 311 was minor/cosmetic, and I've seen it in service responding since. Don't forget.......it IS a Mack!!

I just saw 311 Last week in HQ, and it's fine.

Does anyone know where a fella can see some pics of Yonkers rigs???

Thanks....great pics!!!!! =D>

In addition to the many pics on the above mentioned sites, EMTBravo I think is working on getting them up as well on a Yonkers apparaus page, in the meantime many photos of YFD apparatus can also be seen throughout EMTBravo.com as well, in various special features.

I have just received pics of the new Pepsi Trailer, and the new Command Unit. Also, YFD has an old Army Jeep they use for special ops, which is supposedly to be in Service. Pics were sent to Emtbravo.