Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

HME Aerials

8 posts in this topic

The SFRD Truck 2 looks great, just wondering if any other area departments are using HME aerials? I know I've seens other companies' sticks on HME bodies, but can't recall seeing one of their own ladders.

The aerials are made by RK and look similar to a Smeal aerail design. By what I have heard RK area as good as any other aerial device. As for the HME / Aherns Fox truck I could not tell you.

Yonkers does have 2 hme/smeal ladders and I think they have three more on order. Port Chester is hopefully getting a similar truck to them but on a Spartan cab. Bids will be opened on Thursday.

The SFRD Truck 2 looks great, just wondering if any other area departments are using HME aerials?  I know I've seens other companies' sticks on HME bodies, but can't recall seeing one of their own ladders.

The truck is unique in that the body was built by HME as part of their recent expansion into the "full" build Silver Fox line in the apparatus market. However, HME does not build the aerial.

To my knowledge, there are few RK aerials in the area. They are used often by General/Rosenbauer apparatus (and several of the other smaller builders).

Minneapolis (MN) has several that have recently entered into service as part of their latest generation rigs.

To my knowledge, there are few RK aerials in the area.

I think Noroton Height's Truck 20 is a Mack quint with a RK stick

I think Noroton Height's Truck 20 is a Mack quint with a RK stick

It is and its a similar stick to East Haven CT's Engine 1 (HME 75' RK)