Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

New Rochelle TL11

15 posts in this topic

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet....

So I'm driving up Main St in New Rochelle the other day, and I see what is a pretty familliar site - Engine 21, and 2302 responding to an alarm. But behind 2302, comes this:

user posted image

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

After asking around, I found out that NRFD's TL11 had to be sent back for some repairs. The 2 stories I heard were that the frame cracked, and that there was a problem with the ladder. Not sure which is correct if either. But for the time being, they are using the old Yonkers L70 Seagrave as a L11. I almost $hit myself when I saw that coming down the road!

Saw it twice today by Iona college. I was confused as well when I saw it.

Saw it traveling through Pelham the other day, just thought it was going to New Ro to do some training. No magnets though to cover up the Yonkers FD?

So this is YFD Spare Ladder # 78 (Former Ladder 70 [1991 Seagrave Rear Mount), which is on loan to NRFD?

I passed Station 1 earlier...it now has magnetic numbers and door marking

What make and model is TL 11? I've heard from many FDNR members, that they've had nothing but trouble with that rig ever since they got it. It's a real shame, it seems nobody can make a decent rig anymore for any Dept. Maybe we all should just go back to ordering simple, basic apparatus. It seems the more sophisticated the manufacturers make their apparatus, the more problems we all have with them.

It seems crazy to me that a city the size of New Ro has no reserve for TL-11. I hope the politicians get a good look!

What happened to the previous Tower anyway? It's not still in service?

What happened to the previous Tower anyway?  It's not still in service?

Nope, The old Tower Ladder 11 was changed to Ladder 14 (which is the one you are refering to "the previous Tower") after the new Ladder 11 came into service. Then they got rid Ladder 14 because of the space it took up and replaced it with a spare Engine with a 35 ft ladder, some saws, extra Pike Poles, and some other equiptment on it and is still known or identified as "Ladder 14".

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Nope, The old Tower Ladder 11 was changed to Ladder 14 (which is the one you are refering to "the previous Tower") after the new Ladder 11 came into service. Then they got rid Ladder 14 because of the space it took up and replaced it with a spare Engine with a 35 ft ladder, some saws, extra Pike Poles, and some other equiptment on it and is still known or identified as "Ladder 14".

Your quite mistaken Buff. That eng. is not identified as L-14. You can't turn an eng. into a truck by just placing a 35ft. ground ladder on it. When that's in servive it's designated as a Squad Co. wink.gif

We have plenty of members from New Rochelle FD on here. Why don't we let them give us the FACTS, and stop the speculating and hear-say.

So, if any NRFD member is reading this, what's going on?

It's also nice to see YFD is always so generous with their reserve fleet. It seems whenever a department is in need of a loaner, they'll step up.

We have plenty of members from New Rochelle FD on here. Why don't we let them give us the FACTS, and stop the speculating and hear-say.

So, if any NRFD member is reading this, what's going on?

It's also nice to see YFD is always so generous with their reserve fleet. It seems whenever a department is in need of a loaner, they'll step up.

You're right to a certain extent. They do step up, but only for certain Depts. unfortunately.

You can't turn an eng. into a truck by just placing a 35ft. ground ladder on it.

Well its still disbatched as Ladder 14 so thats why im thinking its County Identified as Ladder 14. And it also says "Ladder 14, Spare Apparatus (New Rochelle)" on the 2006 plate assignments document off the county website which was what I was trying to explain earlier but I guess I didnt put it into the right words. And Squad 14 would be pretty cool but they already have Squad 2 which is Eng 22 rolleyes.gif I dont think the county has a Squad 14 yet.

And yeah, its great that YFD can send in a loaner for the truck.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

It Is referred to as Ladder 14 - and lettered ladder 14. By definition, it is a quad. Or as my partner in mamaroneck ems said, a "Trengine" lol

What make and model is TL 11? I've heard from many FDNR members, that they've had nothing but trouble with that rig ever since they got it. It's a real shame, it seems nobody can make a decent rig anymore for any Dept. Maybe we all should just go back to ordering simple, basic apparatus. It seems the more sophisticated the manufacturers make their apparatus, the more problems we all have with them.

Finally, someone got it right, AMEN....