Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

Firehouse Expo

14 posts in this topic

As most of us know- the 2004 Firehouse Expo is this week in Baltimore, MD.

The pre-conference training starts Tuesday 7/13.

The actual expo starts Thursday 7/15 and ends Saturday 7/17

The parade and flea market is on Sunday 7/18 again.

I'm leaving tomorrow for the pre-conference training, so see you there!! :D

FFD260 on his way today ! :D

Never missed a year !

I've gotten some good reports from members here who are down there...........anyone care to share what they saw/learned down there?

I also only got reports from FFD260 and HFD211 and other members of the forum they visited Kentland 33 ( Prince George County )and took a buddy photo :D

www.Kentland33.com

Fire Expo keeps getting bigger and bigger. This year the exibit floor was larger and there seemed to be more lectures.

Some of the speakers included Billy Goldfeder and Dr. Harry Carter along with the usual FDNY chiefs: Montagna, Salka, and Dunn just to name a few.

All the big name trucks were there including this little gem from Four Guys: http://www.4guysfire.com/delmar.asp

Not directly related to Fire Expo was a nice little rescue by the Baltimore City FD which goes to show why you shouldn't get into a hot air ballon while a storm is near: http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3541615/detail.html

Really Truck? I know back in the late 90's they were worried with the amount of vendors that pulled out. I know last year it was pretty solid. Newborn this year, I'll be back down next year. Anyone who hasn't experienced it, tons of info, some free stuff and good to pick up some items you may want cheaper. For all you buff t-shirt persons you'll have brain overload picking out what ones you want. The night life is also great being the inner harbor is very nice, I often go there for weekend get away's with my wife. And you can't beat the info sessions at all.

I know back in the late 90's they were worried with the amount of vendors that pulled out.

I don't think there are any worries now. Talking with alot of the vendors down there, they're pulling out of the NYS Chief's due to lack of attendance. I've heard that there were estimates of 20,000 or so attendies this year. Alot of attendies from NY.

IT WAS VERY GREAT THIS YEAR :D 8) =D>

As everyone has heard from TR54, Myself (HFD211) CM36 HFD209 DG795. and FFD260 weree all down at the expo, we had a great time at the conference's, exhibits, and flea market and parade. i have some photo's that i will be getting to seth ealy this week.

Also Myself (HFD211) CM36 HFD209 and FFD260 did take a trip to kentland and have some buddy shots along with photos of rigs..

Can't wait till next year...

I am SO miserable for missing it this year. It sounds like one of the best in years.

The seminars and exhibits may be bigger, but the flea market was the smallest I've seen it in 6 years. It was also not as crowded as it has been in the past.

I must add:

I think Baltimore is more than just the convention for a lot of people. It's sometimes the only time in a year where you get to take a road trip with your freinds,learn some new things, be a buff at the expo, enjoy the nightlife (and the plenty of women) that the Inner Harbor has to offer, the other activites that go on, maybe catch a ballgame at Camden Yards, and generally just kick back and have a good time and meet new people/other buffs from around the country.

I know the last time I went, the best part was the time spent with the friends I went down there with. The second best part was the Firetrucks.....Third, the Inner Harbor Nightlife (and swim afterwards for a certain member of this board for those who were there to witness it...LMAO).

I hope to get down there next year.

Next year, can't wait... July 26-31....Baltimore MD.....

I stopped in to Baltimore on the way back from a wedding in Rockville a month ago. We stopped in the inner harbor to visit Hard Rock and the Aquarium. Too bad we didn't have more time to spend, I would have loved to poke around a bit more.