Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Congrats to Nate DeMarse! Fire Engineering Article

6 posts in this topic

Many congrats to fellow Bravo member Nate deMarse on a well-written and informative article in the October 'Fire Engineering' mag! smile.gif

You can find it on page 20 under the title "Size-Up at Commercial Building Fires", and btw it also includes a photo featuring a Yonkers FD incident.

I read the article Great Job!Hope to see many more

Can you tell us more about your company Brotherhood Instructors

Congradulations Nate!!!. Nice Job........

Very nice Nate! Congrats and also congrats on your assignment to Squad 61!

Also would like to hear more about Brotherhood Instructors.

Edited by x635

Nate,

CONGRATS on FDNY Squad 61 and Fire Engineering!!!!

biggrin.gif

Thanks guys,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I had no idea that this thread was going on. I am actually kind of shocked and very flattered that it is here.

I appreciate all of the congrats and kind words. The article and the coming articles are written for the guys on the street. I was asked by the Editor-In-Chief Bobby Halton to take over the Fire Focus column and I obviously accepted. There will also be a photo based size-up drill column called "Table Top Drills" in the coming months.

Everything in the upcoming articles will be based on THE BASICS and keeping the guys on the street SAFE. Nothing more, nothing less. I am going to strive to keep it at a "written by a firefighter, for firefighters" type of learning. Table-Top Drills I am hoping will be ammunition for the kitchen table so members from the newest probie on the nozzle can discuss what they might do. With the same article, the bosses and chiefs can also discuss their expectations at the same job. I am hoping to make it a bit interactive some how, but that's down the road.

It is kind of up in the air when the next Fire Focus is going to hit the magazine, but it is already done. It will also deal with commercial fires regarding hose estimation and tricks and tips to make the stretch a little more smooth and fluid. There are a couple of shots from Yonkers as well as a shot from Indiana in the upcoming article.

About Brotherhood Instructors:

My brother and I have been teaching for quite some time in Illinois. Just this year we decided to incorporate and make it a company. The company website is located at: Brotherhood Instructors, LLC if you want to give it a look. I am working on updating the site this week and I hope to get it up to speed. We have some great new developments and we are moving in the right direction and we hope to be very active shortly.

For those that wanted to know, I have been in Squad 61 for almost a year now. I am having a blast!

Thanks again guys and if you see anything that you think I might need to clarify or if you have any photos or suggestions please don't hesitate to contact me. I need the criticism otherwise I don't learn anything!

Respectfully,

Nate DeMarse