Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Ferrara FDNY Engines and Tower Ladders

17 posts in this topic

Anyone hear of Ferrara winnning bids to supply FDNY with Engines and Tower Ladders?

I can't see them going away from Aerialscopes. Ferrara doesn't even make their own aerials, they're supplied by Smeal, and obviously they don't make any boom type towers, only ladders in 85' or 100' midmount configuration.

As far as the engines, who knows. Anything is possible I suppose. Ferrara has already made a few FDNY spec engines and they clearly have their foot in the door what with all the SOC trucks they've built for them.

i hope they do

anyone know when the New Pierce FDNY Rescue 1 will be going into service?

Another board someone from fdny was saying that he heard the city is inking a deal with Ferrara for 79 engines over a 4 year period....anyone else hear this?

I guess Ferra will be the next to either bite the dust or have to regroup if that is true.

I think what he's trying to suggest is that Seagrave put all their eggs in one basket for many years with FDNY, and it somehow hurt their sales. There may be some truth to that, but Seagrave is still going strong, FDNY or not. As a matter of fact, they seem to be regaining some popularity here in Rockland after a bit of an absence. Three pumpers have either been delivered or are about to be delivered within the past 2 years.

Don't know why you say that. Ferrara Fire Apparatus builds on the average of 350 units a year. The bulk of their sales are in the Midwest and the south. They were rated the fifth largest manufacturer of fire apparatus in the United States and is in the process of adding a 40,000 square foot addition to their plant

Hey , look was just poking fun. FDNY is a tough spec and the trucks are used the way the should be used.But look at the history of who supplied trucks to FDNY and look where they are now. Good for Ferrara if they get it , and 40,000 square addition will not be enough with an order and follow orders. Grreat for Ferrara!

I think what he's trying to suggest is that Seagrave put all their eggs in one basket for many years with FDNY, and it somehow hurt their sales. There may be some truth to that, but Seagrave is still going strong, FDNY or not. As a matter of fact, they seem to be regaining some popularity here in Rockland after a bit of an absence. Three pumpers have either been delivered or are about to be delivered within the past 2 years.

Seagrave , makes a fire truck. And they do it they way it should be done. I was not slighting them at all. They are one of a very few, who still do what they claim to do . I think there walking away may be there rebirth.

BRING BACK DA MACK!!! biggrin.gif

i have to agree with you RWC130, bring back the macks, best fire engines out there. nothing compares to them

I think Seagrave's problems with FDNY lie with all the mechanical issues the newer rigs are having, and if they do go with anyone else, I think that will be the reason.

There's already been a Ferrara engine there, and it didn't hold up well, from what I understand. Although, the members who used it supposedly liked it.

I still can't believe they haven't tried a Pierce Arrow XT yet. Wasn't that supposed to be the "target audience" of the XT.....a large dept. with a lot of activity?

As for "having their hands full", check out KME and the orders they're currently working on for Los Angeles County and San Diego. That's a big order!

I think Seagrave's problems with FDNY lie with all the mechanical issues the newer rigs are having, and if they do go with anyone else, I think that will be the reason. 

There's already been a Ferrara engine there, and it didn't hold up well, from what I understand.  Although, the members who used it supposedly liked it. 

I still can't believe they haven't tried a Pierce Arrow XT yet.  Wasn't that supposed to be the "target audience" of the XT.....a large dept. with a lot of activity? 

As for "having their hands full", check out KME and the orders they're currently working on for Los Angeles County and San Diego.  That's a big order!

You, know if E-ONE did not buy Saulsbury the rescues would still, be them.

We all love Macks, but I'm sure there were plenty of complains about them back then. We always love what we USED to have

If Seagrave is no more for FDNY, people will complain about the new product and want the old back.

You, know if E-ONE did not buy Saulsbury the rescues would still, be them.

Huh? blink.gif

As for Mack, FDNY's use of them (or lack thereof) had nothing whatsoever to do with them not making apparatus anymore. Actually, it would make more sense to say it was the other way around.....FDNY went Seagrave because they couldn't get Mack anymore.