Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
res6cue

Central Nyack (Rockland) Seagrave Pumper

24 posts in this topic

Central Nyack is expecting delivery of their 2006 Seagrave Pumper by the end of the year. Unfortunately I don't have many more details on the truck, but I'm sure when Brian sees this thread, he'll update us.

Central Nyack is expecting delivery of their 2006 Seagrave Pumper by the end of the year. Unfortunately I don't have many more details on the truck, but I'm sure when Brian sees this thread, he'll update us.

It's a secret ! LOL. The guys are leaving for their Seagrave trip tomorrow, so pictures will be posted very soon. All I can tell you is it will be FDNY style with a low hose bed, very firefighter friendly.

Sounds good. Our guys are flying out to Pierce tomorrow also to check out the rescue.

Good luck with your new Seagrave.

Res6cue same you, with your department's new Pierce.

I haven't been out to Rockland in a while since me and the ex broke up, so let me know when the wet / dry downs (housings) are.

Joe

OK guys, here are a few photos of the new Seagrave [low profile FDNY style]. Committee is fighting wether to call is 2-1500 [which it is replacing] or 2-2000. Notice the GOLD Seagrave logo which all the 125th Anniversary Seagrave are being outfitted with. Even the wording on the mudflaps is GOLD. Thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, is will be at the dealer for tools to be mounted then it will be lettered and striped. Will keep everyone updated !

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sweet Rig!!!! Good luck with it.

Gorgeous! Thanks for the pics Brian.

What's covering the pump panels (and parts of the interior also it appears)? Hard to tell but it doesn't look painted. Looks almost like the same sprayon stuff they use for pickup beds, or maybe even black anodized aluminum.

With all the gauges on the pump panel they thought the stainless would be harder to clean and with the black it would be easier to see. Not sure what they call it, but it is rough to touch, almost like the bed of a pick-up truck.

Yep, I agree. The stainless steel may look sharp, but it's really no fun on a bright sunny day with the glare blinding you!

I got a chance to go down there and take a look at the rig earlier this week. Aside from the 8 inch raised roof and the low hose bed, this engine will be very similar to the new maurader II we will be recieving next winter (NEW E-238). Great Job guys..

Love the rack for the hard suction sleeves...not a fun operation for 2 guys when they are on top of the truck. 2000 pump I'm assuming? Tank/Foam?

Nice pictures were they taken down at Excelsior?

Up here In Orange Co. We dont see many seagraves There are only 8 companies i can think of that have seagraves. it seems like pierce and KME are dominate in Orange County

Cronomer Valley ( 88 truck)

Newburgh ( their2 reserves are Seagrave)

Vails Gate ( the rearmount and 2 engines)

S. Blooming grove ( 80's truck)

Kiryas Joel ( 2 engines)

Slate Hill ( late 70's truck)

Port Jervis ( engine 5)

Lakeside ( 2 engines and the tanker)

Is the manufacturer's of truck in Rockland County pretty diverse or is there one or two companies that have a huge chunk of the market like in orange county?

Pierce is very strong in Rockland. Seagrave was in the past, and is picking up again. ALF was always popular, but dropped off during all the turmoil in the late 80s/early 90s. They're making a comeback now. Saulsbury used to be very popular here, but now that E-One all but ran them into the ground, not so much. There has only ever been a single E-One here, and it's our Rescue (although it's on a GMC chassis) which will be gone very soon. There's only one Ferrara in the county, and it's the FTC's training engine. Sutphen has a pretty loyal following by a few depts. KME is definitely the manufacturer gaining the most steam in Rockland of late.

what are those doors between the officers seat and the rear seats?

OK guys, here are a few photos of the new Seagrave [low profile FDNY style]. Committee is fighting wether to call is 2-1500 [which it is replacing] or 2-2000. Notice the GOLD Seagrave logo which all the 125th Anniversary Seagrave are being outfitted with. Even the wording on the mudflaps is GOLD. Thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, is will be at the dealer for tools to be mounted then it will be lettered and striped. Will keep everyone updated !

Them is a nice Seagrave!!!! With the roll up compartments, are you going to be carrying a Jaws on there? I always ask. wink.gif Good luck putting her in service, I hope she serves Central Engine Co. 6 for many years to come! See her at the Fire or more importantly, at the Nyack-on-Hudson Parade!

And on a personal note, send my best to Ken Wanamaker.

-Joe DA BUFF

what are those doors between the officers seat and the rear seats?

Access to the shelf area behind the front seats. If you look at the interior shots, you can see the weatherstripping. Good place to store a driver's coat or EMS bag or whatever else.

On the officers side we pre-mounted a brand new thermal imaging camera and they also want to put an officers tool in that compartment. On the other side the are mounting a hydrant & spanner wrench combo for the driver. And yes it's 2000 GPM & 750 Tank.

very nice truck is that an eight man cab

No, it's a 6 man cab, same as our rescue. Our Tanker was a 10 man cab, but we took 2 of the rear seats out, found that is was too tight with 10. Most times we roll with 6 guys anyway.

What's covering the pump panels (and parts of the interior also it appears)? Hard to tell but it doesn't look painted. Looks almost like the same sprayon stuff they use for pickup beds, or maybe even black anodized aluminum.

I believe it is called Linex. We have it on the pump panel of E119. As others stated, it's not only easier to clean but it doesn't have that "overwhelming" effect for the MPO.

Their Website

Notice the GOLD Seagrave logo which all the 125th Anniversary Seagrave are being outfitted with. Even the wording on the mudflaps is GOLD.

We almost had that whole Anniversary package but we opted for the traditional stuff, except the mudflaps. They put it on everything during the NYSAFC Show in June.

Good luck with the rig - I'm sure it will do it's job just fine!

Edited by Remember585

Post more pics when the graphics are done. GL!

(Still wish we got a Seagrave, but I'm happy with my Smeal biggrin.gif )