Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

JetBlue to fly out of Stewart Airport

7 posts in this topic

From The Journal News

JetBlue, the popular discount airline, will begin flying out of Stewart International Airport in December, Sen. Charles Schumer announced late this afternoon.

Schumer said JetBlue would provide five daily round-trip flights from the Orange County airport to three Florida cities: two to Fort Lauderdale, two to Orlando and one to West Palm Beach. That schedule takes effect Jan. 5.

Starting Dec. 19, the airline will offer one non-stop flight each to Fort Lauderdale and Orlando.

JetBlue will offer an introductory one-way fare of $79. One-way fares eventually will range from $99 to $299.

Earlier this month, Schumer was at Stewart to herald the arrival of AirTran Airways, JetBlue's rival.

Schumer, D-N.Y., said having two discount carriers at Stewart would mean new destinations, more service and lower airfares.

"Competition is the American way to get decent pricing," he said.

Schumer is scheduled to be in Newburgh tomorrow morning along with JetBlue and airport officials to provide more details.

JetBlue also flies out of the region's three major airports - John F. Kennedy International, Newark Liberty and LaGuardia.

Wow, that's AWESOME news, especially for our Orange County friends!

Wow, that's AWESOME news, especially for our Orange County friends!

Great more planes to fly over my house!

At least it's not more C5's

i gotta deal with those things every day, i live a half mile away..

for those of you that don't realize it,you say "at least its not more c-5's. commmercial air liners will be flying in and out of stewart on a daily basis more than the c-5's ever will and the way that stewart is projected to grow the least of your worry is a C-5 !!!