Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cool photos of Japanese Fire Apparatus

9 posts in this topic

I did a search for fun on google for fire apparatus, and found a website for the city of Choshi in Japan. Thought I would share the pics off the site.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by nutty1

Nice Photos!! Although I have to admit, the suction hose looks kinda weird, LOL. You know, Edgewater Park in New York has an Isuzu rig.

-DA BUFF

Well, at least the Stokes looks the same as ours.....

I'm suprised that the suction hose did not have a wicker strainer at the end of it. (I'm not joking at all about that either) My best friend is from Tokyo and his cousin is a firefighter in one of the outlying towns. He had some really cool shots of Japanese trucks. I'll see if he still has them.

Looks like they only need/use the bare essentials, not all the bells and whistles (pun intended) like over here.

Tokyo has some very tight streets (think side streets in Chinatown in NYC and in Boston, some of the streets in the Financial District in NYC) so they need small wheel base trucks. But don't be fooled about these trucks, though they seem bare minimum, they have ruffly two trucks for every one of ours to carry equipment. And by what I was told and would like to witness it, the are very aggressive fighting a fire. I guess in the earthquake capital of the world you have to be.

Also there area a lot of streets that are barley 8 feet wide, let alone just a walking path between buildings.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Tokyo has some very tight streets (think side streets in Chinatown in NYC and in Boston, some of the streets in the Financial District in NYC) so they need small wheel base trucks.  But don't be fooled about these trucks, though they seem bare minimum, they have ruffly two trucks for every one of ours to carry equipment.  And by what I was told and would like to witness it, the are very aggressive fighting a fire.  I guess in the earthquake capital of the world you have to be.

Also there area a lot of streets that are barley 8 feet wide, let alone just a walking path between buildings.

I liked the stick, or maybe platform? I was trying to count the fly sections and base it on the length of the truck. Looks to be a 75-95'? I wonder?

I liked the stick, or maybe platform? I was trying to count the fly sections and base it on the length of the truck. Looks to be a 75-95'? I wonder?

It like a Metz style ladder where the basket is removable and also they have ones were the basket goes up and down the rails of an extended ladder. I saw this once on a tv show a while back. I think it was one of those MAX Reality shows were people show what they captured on their video cameras.

It like a Metz style ladder where the basket is removable and also they have ones were the basket goes up and down the rails of an extended ladder.  I saw this once on a tv show a while back.  I think it was one of those MAX Reality shows were people show what they captured on their video cameras.

You're absolutely right, they are very aggressive. I honestly can't remember which Asian Country FD the documentery on cable tv was about, maybe Japan, but the requirements and standards you must meet and maintain to be a ff. within this particular Dept. were almost beyond comprehension. Everybody on the job had to be in remarkable shape, maintaining a certain body weight also, otherwise you were out. The reason being was because, this particular Dept. required all of its members to be able to run up to at least the 20th fl. I believe, if not higher, in full turnout gear, within a certain time frame. I also remember them having very long aerial ladders on which the attached baskets rode up the side rails in a matter of seconds. It really was astonishing to watch. They looked like the Ninjas of the fire service. Maybe we all should start eating more Sushi. blink.gif