Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

A New Concept In Subway Advertising

4 posts in this topic

This takes mass transit advertising to a new level. I wonder if Metro North or Bee Line would ever go this far?

http://www.x635photos.com/displayimage.php?album=23&pos=5

It's hard to tell from this photo, but the inside of this subway car- every single surface (actually the entire consist) was wrapped in a reflective vinyl advertisment for MSG's "50 Greatest Sports Moments" TV special. Even the seats had been covered by th ad vinyl, and they replaced all the warning stickers as well. Wonder how much this alll cost?

I've never seen anything like this before.

Similar concept was pitched to us....we pitched it right back !

In Boston it is quite common to see entire "T" cars wrapped in advertisements, but not on the inside... I imagine they are only running these MSG cars on high-traffic lines, and are removing them from service at night to prevent vandalism.

A while back, NYC Subway had one of these done for the HBO series Deadwood. The car was made to look like an old wooden railroad palor car, with various characters standing around.

I suppose this is similar to the outside wraps that have been used on busses for years. When I was in Seatle, I saw busses that looked like a Subway Sandwiche and a giant pink cadilac.