Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

So, Who's Getting A New Firehouse?

12 posts in this topic

I know Banksville just completed renovations on their firehouse, and Armonk is building a new one.

On the EMS side, Mount Kisco VAC is building a brand new structure next to the Independent Firehouse.

If anybody has pictures, email me for posting on EMTBravo.com

I thought I heard Ardsley was doing major construction?

Oh yes, Ardsley is supposed to be breaking ground for a new firehouse at the current site (The 1896 bldng is going to be demolished) in the spring, but I will beleive it when i see it. Maybe firemn23 can elaborate more?

Somers is in the early stages of planning an addittion to the Lincolndale Firehouse (Headquarters), again. The current addittion was done in the early 80's, but with the call volume on the rise and more space needed, we are looking to do it again.

Yes we aer getting a new house that has three bay that will be two trucks deep and one bay will be able to hold a 100 ft ladder truck also are radio room will be moved to the front of the building also the gear will be moved into a large room behind the trucks with 20 set of bunker gear that will be right next to the truck hey firemn23 can you help me out with the rest of the detals

As Emtbravo said i will believe it when i see it. I have heard for 7 years now that we are getting a new firehouse.

The new firehouse will have gear rooms seprate from teh apparatus as they are supposed to be, decontamination room, gym, SCBA fill room, and each bay will be able to fit 2 engines in each. The door way will have more than two inches of clearance for the apparatus to fit. That is about all I care to know but they are supposed to break ground sometime in the spring(or they say). Project has not gone out to bid yet so i doubt it.

Bedford Village has plans to build a new firehouse, goes out to public sometime soon. Not going to have the bowling alley like the current fire house

Ossining FD IS getting a new firehouse for Res14cuE & Truck 41 on state st. IT's going to be there new fire HQ and there tring to get another house out on hawks ave in the town of Ossining

No more bowling alley? Aww man!

Ossining FD IS getting a new firehouse for Res14cuE & Truck 41 on state st

Ossining Fire Police & Emergency (Rescue 14) has been relocated to the Area of The Ossining train station and water front.

They will be housed there until the NEW Quarters is Built.

I have 2 questions for anyone out there in the know. Rumor down hear out of the area, as it, that the Yonkers Fire Department is considering building 2 New Fire Stations. One would be to build a new, 4 bay, Fire Headquarters, somewhere near the Old Otis Elevator Plant, to replace the Old Building, that might be torn down as part of the New Minor League Baseball Complex. Does anyone know anything about this, and what kind of New Headquarters will be built (Glass Bay Doors, etc. etc. etc.). ALSO, rumor has it that a New Fire Station is being planned up at the New Ridge Hill Development, off of the New York State Thruway (possibly Station # 5), with a Ladder Company (Ladder 77) or Engine Company (305) being stationed there to help with the increase in population in and around that new development and location. If it is a Ladder Company, would Yonkers FD ever consider purchasing a New American LaFrance "QUINT" 100 Ft Ladder Quint with a 500 Gallon Tank able to produce 1250 GPM, to be kind of a Ladder/Engine Company Combination? Does anyone know anything about this as well. ANY AND ALL INFORMATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ossining FD IS getting a new firehouse for Res14cuE & Truck 41 on state st. IT's going to be there new fire HQ and there tring to get another house out on hawks ave in the town of Ossining

Groundbreaking / Contruction started !!

New Building OFD HQ'S , Ossining Fire Police Emergency , Senate H & L co 1. =D> =D> =D>