Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Darien, CT Engine 42 Spy Shot

11 posts in this topic

Here is the outgoing Engine 41. It's now officially out of service, maybe Nutty1 could update us as to where it is going...

[attachmentid=1621]

post-11-1164928029.jpg

And here's another angle, from the officer's side....this old Mack is in very, very good shape. Hope it goes to a good home.

[attachmentid=1622]

post-11-1164928519.jpg

That MACK would make a nice reserve engine. The new engine is beautiful. Good luck with it.

A lot of CT fire companies have blue in the light bars up here. It is very common. We don't have local rules like New York, we follow NFPA for apparatus.

A lot of CT fire companies have blue in the light bars up here.  It is very common.  We don't have local rules like New York, we follow NFPA for apparatus.

thats right. im from noroton one of the other depts in darien. and we have some blue lights on our rescue and ladder. so we can use the blues lol

Currently exploring options. It is in good shape. The other Mack that is being replaced is similiar only it is an open cab, like Golden Bridge's engine.

Here is the fleet,

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/other...icut/Darien.htm

The rescue was replaced in 2004. Its a saulsbury (see picture below) sorry for the poor quality, it is all I have access to at work. The tower ladder will be next to get replaced.

user posted image

Currently exploring options. It is in good shape. The other Mack that is being replaced is similiar only it is an open cab, like Golden Bridge's engine.

Here is the fleet,

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/other...icut/Darien.htm

The rescue was replaced in 2004. Its a saulsbury (see picture below) sorry for the poor quality, it is all I have access to at work. The tower ladder will be next to get replaced.

user posted image

Hey Nutty are you guys going to remount the boom of your aerialscope on a new Seagrave or Pierce truck like Worcester Mass and Bowie Maryland did? You guys are CRAZY if you don't. That boom has less time on it than any FDNY aerialscope even at the age it is, metal fatigue doesn't even come into play on that boom with the time it has on it. Sometimes new isn't always better...I hope the guys who design the new tower ladder do a better job than the guys who designed the Rescue you showed us a picture of the one that doesn't fit under most of the railroad tressel's in your district. And just so you all know...yes it is true that rescue truck was built by Saulsbury AND has Corian counter tops in it (yes Xorian counter tops, the same Corian that people put in their kitchens). Hmmm why not stainless steel counter tops when the truck is being built by a premium stainless steel fabricator?

Edited by FDNY99

I can see it now how about Granite Counter tops (litlle humper for us) Remount the tower on a Seagrave or better yet on a Arrow or Dash chassis

ohmy.gif I stand corrected i ment humor Sorry to offend if i did