Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Band-Aid or Hoses?

15 posts in this topic

Just curious to see what service everyone liked alot first? biggrin.gif ...Fire? or EMS?

Edited by SPFC56-233

Just curious to see what service everyone fell in love with first...Fire? or EMS?

Ems without a doubt..... LOL

I can't tell you her name! her father might see this lol

Liked fire first but department was combination fire rescue and the ambulance always got more calls so now about even

I'd have to also go with BOTH! biggrin.gif

Fire....

but its always nice to help people...

I am have to go with ALS and RWC and say both...

Now if you ask me which one I perfer.... I would have to say it depends on my mood and if I can tolerate people that day!

I started off wating to do EMS, but I ended up doing Fire first in a Fire Rescue department and now I go on all the EMS calls... I gotta say

BOTH

I'd take fire alone, but since we don't fight much fire....it would be nice to get into some EMS, you really have the opportunity to help people that way.

i could of joined post 53 which is the vac in town. but i grew up in my fathers restaurant down the street from noroton. so when u run around the firehouse when your little you end up joining i guess.

Fire!!! Since my dept does not run ems, I dont know what that is..... biggrin.gif

Edited by nutty1

Fire!!! Since my dept does not run ems, I dont know what that is..... biggrin.gif

sure,go ahead and brag whydontcha

Tough question. As an Explorer our hands were tied and we couldn't do much on the fireground. I got sucked into EMS by my cousins Tommy and Jimmy - we started out going to an EMS call here and there, then doing Sunday day crews. At 16 I took CFR, at 18 EMT and have been one since. While I was 16 I also took Essentials then IFA and FA 2. Over the years I have taken a ton of fire and EMS classes, made my way up to Fire Captain and presently a VAC Lieutenant.

If I had to choose, I would pick the fire side. It's in my blood and is my greatest passion in life. Of course I still do and still like (most of the time) doing EMS calls, because I haven't BURNT OUT (YET) and still like helping people anyway I can.

Besdies, ambulances aren't as shiny or as cool as fire trucks..... rolleyes.gif