Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Rain.........grrr

19 posts in this topic

I swear, I've never seen it rain this heavy this often in my life. If this keeps up, we're all gonna drown.

Well, at least its not snow.

Guess we'll just have 2 build a fleet of arks [-(

what is that bright orange thing outside??? lol

It's a life preserver that someone tossed at you. Think fast before it hits you in the head. B)

I'd have to say that rain is definately my least favorite of percipitations lol! Rain just makes everyone soo miserable, especially those of us who work outside, including emergency services personnel of course!

I was at a friends house in New Jersey last weekend and she happens to be an EMT. The squad that she rides with is unlike anything you've ever seen around here. They run 3 ambulances, 2 rescue trucks (and i mean rescue trucks lol!), command vehicles, a bike team and everything in between. Thier members are certified in auto extrication, swift-water rescue, ice-rescue & other specialized training. Anyway, her pager was going off non-stop all night friday dus to the hurricane-like weather they experienced down there. They had like 7 or so water rescue calls & that was just between 4pm & about 9pm! I was amazed at how terrible the weather was, but even more impressed with the way their squad handled it all! Anyone interested in reading about a great squad & seeing some cool pictures, i would recommend checking their website at: http://www.whitehouserescue.com/

Beats a drought by far. I thought I'd never see the bottom of a few reservoirs in Putnam, but it was neat if you know about some of their histories to see foundations of old buildings there.

I was leaving Phelps after teaching Friday afternoon and 9 northbound through Briarcliff was very interesting with 2 inches of water and oncoming traffic throwing water all over. It looked like every other storm drain was clogged.

Brother, I'll take all the rain the world can throw at me, but you can keep the snow. It's great if you're 9 and you have a sled and get to stay home from school.

snow isnt as depressing as rain though....

It is if your due to get off work and get mandated because of call outs. Or when you provide ALS and will stand a 5:1 chance of being the only one running around in the mess.

ALS....good point, in your situation, the snow isn't exactly a favorable weather condition. Now in my situation, you can bring on the snow, cause the white stuff means more green stuff in my pockets (I work for the highway dept.)! The weekends are even better because its double time pay & many of the storms this past winter were on the weekends! I must say however, it does get mundane and quite irritating after a while lol! When my paycheck is almost doubled its great, but working all night, especially if i have to work my regular hours in the morning, now that sucks!

Rain's great!!!!

Some reasons....

1. The cops hate getting out and getting wet to yell at me for speeding down 9.

2. I upgrade the "642 sleep computer" from a normal 8 hours of sleep to about 10 - 12, pager permitting.

3. I love to veg out and loaf on my fat a**.

4. I catch up on my daily emtbravo intake.

5. Did I mention I sleep alot?

LMAO on the above!!!

Seth,

Cold weather will be here SOOON ,,,, Grrrrr BRRRR ,I sure could use an EMTBravo sweatshirt ! Keeps the body warm.

Just a thought :-k :-k :-k :yes:

Not a Bad Idea at all! What kinda sweatshirt though? Hoodie? I would buy one. =D> :-k :D

Count me in Hooded or not!

How about a fleece blanket and slippers for the long night tours....

Jeesh, the rain today is really coming down!!! I never want, or think we will need to, hear the words "drought" again.....

Well at least its not snow. Although a White Christmas would be nice....

Snow is much more fun. People arent miserable, its pretty to look at, people actually slow down on the roads and people can actually see out their windshields cause it doesnt come down all that hard. It also doesnt get you as wet.