Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfitz2004

Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves

4 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me more information on the Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves? How often does Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves meet and have drills, and training classes. Is there anyone on this board is part of Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves.

Thanks

What is the Westchester Emergency Volunteer Reserves? I have never heard of that before.

"WESTCHESTER EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER RESERVES-MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS (WEVR-MRC)

The Volunteer Center, in coordination with Westchester County’s Department of Emergency Services, is recruiting and training volunteers in emergency preparedness and response. These volunteers may be called into action should a large-scale disaster or public health emergency occur in Westchester. Training volunteers and coordinating the response effort before a disaster occurs will result in a safer and more efficient response. Anyone age 18 or older who is a resident of Westchester County can apply to join WEVR-MRC. Volunteers receive free training (6 hours of in-class training and 10 hours of on-line training) in emergency preparedness and response including Disaster Preparedness, Fire Safety, Fire Suppression, Overview of Terrorism, The Incident Command System, Light Search and Rescue, Isolation and Quarantine, Inoculation Procedures, and Overview of Smallpox. " as per DES website

any one know if this is related to the old CERT eams..

sounds like CERT I know since 9/11 FEMA and Homeland security has dumped money into it. I know CERT is big stuff and grant money in NYC but I am not too sure about Westchester. But I do know that the Red Cross has also been playing a role in my town. They have a response truck, tons of cots (stored at the FD for some reason???) along with other stuff taking up room.