Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Protest News 12 Westchester 12/5/06

13 posts in this topic

Got this in an email.....

FOP LODGE 9 IS SPONSORING A PROTEST OF NEWS 12 ON TUES. 12/5/6 @ 1630HRS.

WE WILL STAGE UP AT EXECUTIVE BLVD AND ODELL PLAZA YONKERS I/F/O NEWS 12 HEADQUATERS.

THE REASON FOR THE PROTEST IS THE NEWS COVERAGE OF NYPD LT. GARY NAPOLI WHICH WAS BROADCAST FROM IN FRONT OF HIS HOME IN MOHEAGAN LAKE.  LT NAPOLI WAS THE BOSS ON THE QUEENS JOB THAT HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE NEWS. THE UNETHICAL RESPONSE TO HIS HOME TO DO THE STORY THAT TAKES PLACE IN QUEENS WAS UN CALLED FOR. NEWS 12 TARA ROSENBAUM INTERVIEWED THE LT'S NEIGHBOR AND POSTED HIS NAME GIVING AWAY THE STREET AND TOWN HE LIVES.

THUS RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING LT NAPOLI AND HIS FAMILY.

BE THERE AND PASS THIS ON.

BE SAFE

MIKE DENNING                    12/5/6 1630HRS EXECUTIVE BLVD YONKERS

If I didn't have to be at work already I would be there. mad.gif

WTF is wrong with these people.

How stupid can you be. Probably because half those people grew up in well to do areas and perhaps don't learn from the stories they report that there are idiots in this world that will go out of their way to harm someone and even more so to get a police officer.

Way to go News 12. Then again..thats why most of you are on news 12.

that is disgraceful. They should be ashamed over there at news 12

Hes not the only one that this has happened to. Other NYC (Newspapers) have also been other addresses for interviews. And one radio station was broadcasting the home addresses of theses guys and telling people to go there.

Unfortunately this is where the media needs to know where they have crossed the line!!! I have had several HEATED conversations in my Masters classes about the media and whatt their role is...

They seem to think that the 1st amendment gives them the right to report anything and everything with absolute disregard for the possible consequences for their UNPROFESSIONAL actions.

True journalism no longer exists.... this is a serious issue, especially in the emergency services community and MUST be addressed!!!!

Unfortunately I cannot attend tonight but I support all those who do go...

NEWS 12 SHOULD BE ASHAMED. WHO MAKES THE DECISION TO TAPE AT A PERSON'S HOME? IS IT THE REPORTER OR A SEGMENT PRODUCER?

Ultimate say comes from the News Director (Janine Rose), as it did in this case.

the protest is a great idea, but you know what would really stir the pot ?. It would be to find out where Tara and the others live, and stage the protest in front of their houses. See how they like it when the public knows where they live.

As soon as I saw the news footage I was enraged at how the media could show the house and street...I feel for the family and the neighborhood as well.

That is a disgrace and totally inexcusable! These people have no respect! While I recognize the "public's right to know", there are certain things that the public need NOT know! Living well into Putnam County, I don't get news 12, and when I read crap like this I'm damn glad I don't.

Edited by DOC22

Unfortunately, the easiest and laziest thing a TV news crew can do is go and park outside someone's house. I've known plenty of POs who are unlisted but their wives are listed in the phone book. Look on the news tonight--whatever channel--and see how many times some news crew is standing in front of a hospital, on a highway overpass, in a parking lot. They need a picture, any picture, so they go for the easy pickings. They'll do anything to get a "local" angle.

If people show up to protest the station, you won't see it on the TV, hear about it on the radio or read about it in a newspaper.

Not surprising at all. Media outlets don't think before they broadcast. Like others have said - they are all about the story regardless of who it effects and how it effects them. It's even worse with a situation as tenuous as this because some may look to bring harm on the officers involved. In cases like this, the media has already branded them and they will always be guilty in their (the medias) eyes. It's just a complete sham.