Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Urinal Butterflies?

18 posts in this topic

OK bro you're starting to scare me. They make medication for this. Either that or myself and firecapt are going to have to do an intervention lol.

There is a lot of urinal technolgy going on at JFK! The jetBlue terminals have TV's at the Urinals!!

Are you REALLY snapping one off in the bathroom? PICTURES - I mean!!! Su loco!!

Anyway - that is one of those target things, I remember reading about it somewhere.

On day they are going to have them in the cabs of fire trucks so when your at the big call you can go handle your business....LMAO

To paraphrase from an episode of Seinfeld, "It's the bathroom, not the darkroom." LoL

Do, have you been reading up on Chuck Berry's past bathroom photography antics????? tongue.gif

I bet you a beer the next time I see you that that is probably a symbol for the company who made them, or someone placed a sticker there to screw with people.

The butterflie was in the exact same spot on every urinal, and I even double checked another bathroom.

Since I have a severe bladder disease, I spend a lot of time at urinals in all different kinds of places, so this is something that interests me. I will be installing one in my next home as well.

AND, by the way, I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

being men, they know that we will be amused tryin to take aim at the butterfly

1- The flies are to improve aim at the urinals, so that they are cleaner. It was on the news.

2- I don't know why I remember this.

3- I think taking pictures of them is worse than remembering what one heard on the news.

They are there to improve aim. Apparently, someone has figured out that the particular spot on the urinal where the flies are placed is the spot which will create the least amount of "splash" thereby keeping the urinals and bathrooms cleaner.

What I want to know is who figured this out?

2- I don't know why I remeber this.

3- I think taking pictures of them is worse than remembering what one heard on the news.

Were you the videographer for the news, lol!?!

BTW, thanks to all for the input!

Lets hope he doesnt find toliets with roses painted in them for aim..... tongue.gif

Edited by nutty1

OK, so as most of you know, my camera comes EVERYWHERE with me, and therefore documents everything I see that interests me.

So, of that comes this:

http://x635.blogspot.com/2006/12/urinal-butterflies.html

rolleyes.gif Ok, I couldn't help but to respond to this. I've been laughing since I read this and the replies.

Were they Monarch? LOL. Seriously, if it is for aim, I was thinking of Rye Playland and the game with the waterguns. If you hit the butterfly, do you get a prize, like the game?

This one is interesting as well www.citynoise.org/article/566

All kidding aside, You're in ( or is that Urine?) luck to have such wonderful pictures of such a rare device! I can't stop laughing....lol lol lol

all I know is if I saw you taking pics of a urinal when I walked in, i'd leave and go in the womans room! Not to mention call security. lol.

Back before the laws got changed, this is where cigarettes came in handy.

Now, I don't know what's worse, the fact that Seth went and took pictures of this, or that someone actually tested a urinal to lessen the splash factor.

Butterflies???? I just use my laser sight... biggrin.gif