Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Civilan Gives Me Heat For Photographing Firehouse

20 posts in this topic

today I went into briarcliff manor to take some photos of there firehouse. After I was done taking the photos I left and started heading home. I noticed that there was a van following me and when I got to a red light the van pulled up beside me and the driver opened the window and started asking me what I was doing and I told him that I was taking pictures of the firehouse for my collection. I also added am I breaking the law he said no and pulled away. whats the big deal!!!! its just a couple of photos of the fire house people need to mind there own business. I also have many fire dept stickers on the back of my car including one from my fire dept. So what the hell was this guy thinking?

Brotha....what happen to the old "none of your business."

People are what they are bro. I'm surprised you remember or even cared to post it on here. Hope your pics came out the way you wanted though.

he was probably just wondering what you were doing, if someone came to your department would you ask them what they were doing

Screw Him..........What Business does he have questioning you about taking pictures of a Public Facility. Unless u are a Terrorist........Who cares?? Only Issue I can see with Briarcliff in particular is that it is not just a Firehouse, The Police Department and Village Office's are also located there......

Edited by tbendick

Why would you want pictures of Briarcliff's HQ anyway? The damn trucks are WHITE!!! laugh.gif

In all seriousness, taking pictures of a firehouse or Police station isn't a big deal. I'm willing to bet that person was probably a member of the FD or even the PD, even if they didn't have a sticker or light in their car.

Oh wait - maybe it was CLAY TIFFANY!!!! cool.gif

Why would you want pictures of Briarcliff's HQ anyway?  The damn trucks are WHITE!!!  laugh.gif

In all seriousness, taking pictures of a firehouse or Police station isn't a big deal.  I'm willing to bet that person was probably a member of the FD or even the PD, even if they didn't have a sticker or light in their car.

Oh wait - maybe it was CLAY TIFFANY!!!!    cool.gif

I THINK HE WAS A PD OFFICER JUST THE WAY HE WAS TALKING AND ACTING WHEN HE WAS TALKED TO ME

It does not matter.....there are no laws preventing you from taking pictures of building public or private from a public location...end of story

that guy gave you sh!t for no reason......turn the other check its no big deal

I've got a different angle on this. There have been an awful lot of rumors about (and arrests of) people who are photographing potential targets for attacks. This guy might have felt he was protecting the town.

Maybe it would be easier to get out of the car at the station and shoot the breeze a little so that people wouldn't think someone were casing the joint....

Didnt you know in a free society taking pictures of a firehouse is considered a terrorist act. I bet that guy is going to the Department of Homeland Security with your car info as we speak.....LMAO!!!

I got this kind of grief a couple of years ago shooting LA County Station 8 in West Hollywood. Never mind I was talking to a friend of mine who was working there at the time. Some lady approached me as I was snapping away and asked me why I was taking pictures of fire apparatus. I told her it was a hobby of mine, she made a strange face and mumbled something and went on her way. I brushed it off.

Some people don't understand the hobby. Others are well intentioned because of the age of terrorism we live in today. Others, well they're just nosy F'ers with nothing else better to do than break stones. Chalk it up to one of those people and keep snapping away.

well if he did give your car info to homeland security, and they haven't showed up yet I wouldn't worry about it. biggrin.gif HAHA

in all seriousness you didn't break any laws and you shouldn't have to answer to this guy about what you do.

I THINK HE WAS A PD OFFICER JUST THE WAY HE WAS TALKING AND ACTING WHEN HE WAS TALKED TO ME

1. If he was not wearing any uniform and is acting a certain way, ask for his credentials.

2. You should have wrote his tag down and contacted the local police department for someone acting suspicious in a vehicle with no markings and a red light.

3. Even if he was a cop, he has no right to pull you over in his own personal vehicle with a red light. Remember when in question enact step 1 above.

4. No markings, no credentials, no uniform, no Id shown, you have every right to pull away from that person because for all you know he could have been a loony. Better yet if your unsure contact the PD and have them get a unit there because of the uncertainty. Police officers will always show their ID's and badges if they are in plain clothes.

Hey Izzy I think that you might have misread it he said that the guy followed him untill a red light.

Hey Izzy I think that you might have misread it he said that the guy followed him untill a red light.

Ok yah, thanks for letting me know sorry about that, the midnight eyes need a rest. smile.gif

But still the way the guy was acting I still would have called the cops on him.

Yeah, that's a good picture!

Nice shot. And, there's nothing wrong with white appratus. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, doesn't matter how many bells, whistles, strobes, flashers, LED's it's got or what color it is. SOMEONE WILL FIND A WAY TO CRASH IT, OR CRASH INTO IT!!!!

mellow.gif

he was probably just wondering what you were doing, if someone came to your department would you ask them what they were doing

I agree. In this the world we live in, everyone should be watching out for things. People taking pictures of public building etc. would spur my curiosity as well.

I think he was being a concerned citizen and should not have pulled up to the car but called the plate in. Sorry...

Why would you want pictures of Briarcliff's HQ anyway?  The damn trucks are WHITE!!!  laugh.gif

In all seriousness, taking pictures of a firehouse or Police station isn't a big deal.  I'm willing to bet that person was probably a member of the FD or even the PD, even if they didn't have a sticker or light in their car.

Oh wait - maybe it was CLAY TIFFANY!!!!    cool.gif

Heyyy, just cause our Rescue looks like the Carvel truck, doesn't mean that they aren't beautiful or that they don't get the job done. Besides who wouldn't want a rescue that doubles as a delicious server of refreshing ice cream.

I've got a different angle on this.  There have been an awful lot of rumors about (and arrests of) people who are photographing potential targets for attacks.  This guy might have felt he was protecting the town.

Maybe it would be easier to get out of the car at the station and shoot the breeze a little so that people wouldn't think someone were casing the joint....

Thumbs Up! rolleyes.gif