Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfitz2004

1967 Kaiser command post vehicle in yonkers?

14 posts in this topic

I saw a picture in a book of a 1967 Kaiser that was outfitted as a command post vehicle in the City of Yonkers. Does anyone have any information about this command post vehicle such was there it was housed, how long it operation. Does Yonkers still have it?

Where is there Haz-Mat Support Unit 1986 Ford Tractor is station?

Thanks Fitz

Edited by bigfitz2004

I believe all of that auxillary equipment is stationed at the Yonkers shops, and that the rig is also referred to as a "high water rescue" unit. If im not mistaken, Greenwich PD once owned, or still owns a similar unit.

I was a picture in a book of a 1967 Kaiser that was outfitted as a command post vehicle in the City of Yonkers. Does anyone have any information about this command post vehicle such was there it was housed, how long it operation. Does Yonkers still have it?

Thanks Fitz

I think the Kaiser is their field comm and equipped with interoperability equipment.

Spec Ops pieces at Ridge Hill Fire Station 15

Yonkers fire dept. website does not show a station 15. what the address to the Ridge hill fire station.

Station 15 is just a joke.. There is no 15.. Ridge Hill is just storage/office space for Special Operations. They keep alot of the spare/special stuff up there. It's near Home Depot and is off limits to the public.

In reality, there is really NO YFD Station 15. All of the YFD Special Operations Vechicles and Apparatus (along with Reserve Engines 305, 316 and 317, along with Ladder 79) are stored at the Yonkers Ridge Hill Special Operations Training Facility, located at the Secured Old Ridge Hill Site off of the NYS Thruway. This location will be there until the Ridge Hill Site is developed as planned, to which at such time, the YFD Special Operations Training Site will need to be relocated. YFD Spare Rigs are located inside the various FD Stations throughout Yonkers (Engine 301 is at Station 12, Engine 302 is at Station 14, Ladder 76 is at Station 7, and TL 77 is at Station 3)

greenwich pd has one, I was denied from taking pics of it about 3 years ago, looks the same just blue.

I was a picture in a book of a 1967 Kaiser that was outfitted as a command post vehicle in the City of Yonkers. Does anyone have any information about this command post vehicle such was there it was housed, how long it operation. Does Yonkers still have it?

Thanks Fitz

What book was it in????

the book was called Firefighters by National Fallen Firefighters foundation

ISBN: 0-88363-106-7

Interoperable unit is in a van that Empress donated to YFD - The Van was painted white over red. Kaiser unit is not currently assigned a function. The numbering scheme for Spares and Reserves is currently in flux - With the arrival of the 3 ALF pumpers after the first of the year all of the reserve and spare numbers will be reassigned - as will be the case when the new ladders arrive in March or so

Ah, so come early next year they whole fleet of engines will be the same?

How many ladders are due to arrive? Is it 2? I remember there was word that 3 had been ordered.

Lastly, the Rescue?

Edited by lfdR1

Ah, so come early next year they whole fleet of engines will be the same? 

How many ladders are due to arrive?  Is it 2?  I remember there was word that 3 had been ordered.

Lastly, the Rescue?

3 ALF Pumpers jan/Feb

ALF Tandem Rescue Feb/Mar

3 Smeal rear mounts Mar/Apr