Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Membership has it's rewards....

5 posts in this topic

......or however that credit card slogan goes.

Not so sure the same can still be said for the Code 3 Collector's Club. In addition to the new FDNY releases, Friday's news also brought the announcement of yet more cutbacks to the "benefits" of membership in the C3CC. Effective that day, the Loyalty Rewards program has been dropped (as it pertains to new orders, at least). Existing Loyalty Dollars can still be redeemed up to their expiration date, or 12/31/07, whichever comes first.

There will also not be any more free Membership model.

This, of course, has caused quite a stir among the collecting community. Many saw the Rewards as being the last true benefit of membership, and are now questioning why they should continue to lay out the price of renewing their membership, when they can pre-order models from a number of reputable dealers for the same Club member price.

Word through the grapevine is that there will be some "Club ONLY" releases this year which not even the dealers get. I don't think that's even a big enough stumbling block. It's already been proven that there are club members who signed up just to get first crack at a new piece, only to turn around and immediately list said piece on eBay.

Is it worth still being a member just to get a look at the Workshop page? Guess time will tell.

I have to agree 100% with you I will not renew my membership now that we dont get a free truck. I do beleave that code 3 is on the way out they keep using the same old molds just change the numbers. They may want to try go back to the old code 3 days. Start making some models that people are asking for. I think you will see corgi pass by code 3 this year.

Just my 2 cent's.

Chris

I did't renew my membership last year because I didn't like what was going on. I have still kept the same status with them that I did when I was a member. Hopefully they just need some new blood in their organization to get them back on track.

Glad to see you back, Andy! Good topic too.

I too am disapointed by this move of Code 3.

Code 3 used to be fun to collect...not only did they release awesome models, but they made it fun and interesting by providing other benefits, such as the loyalty rewards, Code 3 Day, newsletter, member gifts, etc etc, punishing the collectors by removing the board, making Ladder 10 diamondplate in unlimited quantity, etc.

These aren't good signs, IMO.

Edited by x635

Add me to the list of unhappy Code 3 collectors. In addition to the reduced member benefits already mentioned, the newsletter that was supposed to be posted quarterly on the Code 3 website hasn't been posted since 1st quarter 2006 and the web based customer service stinks (I'd e-mailed them 3 times about various issues & got a reply once & the reply left me wondering if they'd even read my e-mail). Wouldn't surprise me if they did away with the collectors club altogether or simply went out of business.