Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Harrison 1964 tiller with new job

8 posts in this topic

Ok found this on the web I don't know if it was posted here before so here it is. The old 1964 Seagrave that was Ladder 24 has found a new job and a good one at that. So here is the link check it out. Some pic's of the truck on the pages.

MacBoston

Didn't this truck roll or the aerial collapse at a job at the old Daitch Shopwell on Halstead Ave. back in the '70's ?

Rich

I do recall some people talking about that when I was in HFD I'm not sure if it was HFD truck or a M/A truck. Maybe Dino can find out the info. I know that truck was fun to driver front and back.

Chris

Rich

I do recall some people talking about that when I was in HFD I'm not sure if it was HFD truck or a M/A truck. Maybe Dino can find out the info. I know that truck was fun to driver front and back.

Chris

It was the Harrison rig.

efd, The ladder is actually from harrison not boston our old ladder had replaced the last macboston they used. The first one they bought was from boston. when we replaced it to get our tower it was donated to nys fire academy and after some service there it was retired and the macboston group purchased it. I have see it awhile back and everything we left in there is still in the same place and you can still read harrison fd in the paint on the tractor other then some rust it still looks the same.

Didn't this truck roll or the aerial collapse at a job at the old Daitch Shopwell on Halstead Ave. back in the '70's ?

Yes your correct. The ladder rolled onto it's drivers side at that fire. It was in the winter of 1976 I believe. The only thing that stopped it from completely going over was the ladder hit the building. From what I'm told there was a bad ice condition on the ground.

Yes your correct. The ladder rolled onto it's drivers side at that fire. It was in the winter of 1976 I believe. The only thing that stopped it from completely going over was the ladder hit the building. From what I'm told there was a bad ice condition on the ground.

HFD750 is right about the ice. It was a very cold night and the water was running under the truck, ice built up under the truck, when truck slid toward the store the stabilizer on the drivers side kicked out and it went over.