Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

White Plains New Public Safety Radio System

4 posts in this topic

According to the legal notices in todays Journal News, the City Of White Plains has issued a $1,000,000 bond for a new Public Safety radio system.

Anyone have further details on this?

Will they be going digital?

Saw a legal notice in last Friday's paper seeking Request for Quotes for a new radio system for the City of White Plains.

Is this for police, fire or both ?

Are they going digital after having experimented with it ?

Thanks

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Sounds like a total city wide system.

More than likely digital.

I wish that the Orange County Executive and the Commissioner of Emergency Services would pay more attention to what is going on in the world Public Safety Radio. They believe that the new proposed New York State Wireless Network will be a great system and they have signed an agreement making Orange County a full partner with the State.

The State is "buttering up" various Counties thru out the State because they need access to many different tower sites.

The State radio system is going to suck. I went to a meeting that the NYS Office of Information Technology held for the Public Safety Agencies in our area. EVERYONE that attended this meeting said that it was a waste of time and they do not want their agencies to have anything to do with this system, but if the County gets this system, we will be forced to be on this system in order to communicate with the County. The mobile and portable radios that we would need to work on this system cost $5000 each. I know that my VAC cannot afford radios that cost this much. Sh&t!....for $5000 I can buy 8-10 of the VHF portables that we use now. The County is not going to provide any funding or radios to us.

Plus, the State system is going to be a M/ACOM system. We do not use M/ACOM equipment and we will be forced to use it with this system. The only M/ACOM dealer in the area that could sell radios on this radio system is NYCOMCO. We should not be forced to use a specific radio vendor.

Another thing that is going to make this State system a cluster F*** is that the State is going to be split up into 3 regions. One Region is going to be on 700mhz, another region will be on 800mhz and the third region will be on a VHF system. How is that a Statewide system? If a unit from the region with 800mhz radios goes into the region that uses a VHF system, how would they communicate?? How is this a true Statewide system??

I was told that thru the use of in-vehicle repeaters and crossband links on tower sites, everyone will be able to communicate with each other! This is how things are done now with the agencies in our County. We would like to NOT have to use vehicle repeaters and crossband links anymore. You would think that in this day and age of inter-ops being a big issue, the state would want to have everyone communicate over one radio system without the use of multiple radios, vehicle repeaters or crossband links.

If this State system is going to be the greatest system going, why are counties such as Westchester, Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk building their own radio systems? All of these counties are avoiding 700 & 800 MHZ like the plague and are going with UHF T-band 470-512 MHZ systems. The majority of FDs in OC use UHF systems. EMS uses VHF. The US Government is building a nationwide digital trunked VHF radio system. You would think that the State would get the hint that 700 & 800 are not the best.

The State system is not going to have talkaround freqencies or a "failsafe" system in place for when the system goes down for any reason.

It is nice to see all of our tax dollars at work. Tax payers are getting shafted. Their taxes are paying for this Statewide System AND they are being taxed by their own Cities, Towns, Villages & Fire Districts who are building their own systems.

*END OF RANT*..........for now! LOL!