Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Apple Unveils New Mobile Phone

13 posts in this topic

Apple unveiled a new cell phone today at the MacWorld expo in San Franciso. The new phone will run on a MacOS X operating system. The phone will be entirely touch screen.

Could there finally be a phone that Homer J. is compatible with?

Also, Apple announced a device that will allow you to watch TV shows and movies downloaded on your iPod on your home television.

I have a feeling that these will be some pretty cool technology revolutions....

Edited by x635

Saw this while i was eating breakfast. Sounds cool, but after my horrid experience with the iPod i'm never going to pick up another Apple product again....so yes i'm biased and unimpressed tongue.gif!

Been a Mac user since i was 6 years old

love them to death wouldnt be caught dead using a windows machine

The new phone is called the "iPhone" How original dry.gif

This definitely one of the most revolutionary products introduced in to the market in a long time, the only downfall to it is that there is only one company that will be carrying it (cingular). Microsoft's Zume basically just got crushed.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/

Edited by Porsha911gt3

Personally i have never had anything but problems using macs. Maybe it's just me, but I always seem to get the one mac that likes to crash. As far as the "iPhone" we'll see how it does. I certainly wont get one jsut because its an apple product, but if it is truly groundbreaking and a great phone i would look at it. But I already have a computer and dont really need another digital camera.

The new phone is called the "iPhone" How original dry.gif

I wonder how much money Apple had to pay Cisco to use the iphone name...Cisco Trademarked the term "iphone" in 1996. They have a wireless VOIP phone on the market that they call the iphone.

Cingular also came out with the Treo 750 today... it couteracts the Verizon windows based treo... but it's even better!

I only have one question.....

Whats Next?

I have used a mac since i was born and I was speechless when i watched the movie on Apples site!!!! Steve Jobs = GOD? maybe? Lol biggrin.gif

Steve Jobs = sued. Cisco filed suit against Apple for use of the "iPhone" name , which they trademarked in 2000.

Steve Jobs = sued. Cisco filed suit against Apple for use of the "iPhone" name , which they trademarked in 2000.

I am an huge mac fan, I am very excited for this product and plan to drop verizon and switch to Cingular, better international coverage anyways.

Sweet product, but the touch screen concerns me. Every touch screen I've ever seen is covered with finger prints and this one is going to go against your face too. Ever look at your cell phone screen after making a call. You're lying if you say it isn't a little greasy.

I'd be worried that you'd constantly be wiping off the screen.