Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monty

City Of Troy's top o/t earners

12 posts in this topic

Interesting story in the Albany Times Union, the last part of which is pasted below ....

In December 2005, the city settled a contract with police commanders that removed Police Chief Nicholas Kaiser from the union and ended his eligibility for overtime. Kaiser topped the city's total payroll for 2006 at $125,526.51 because of a one-time payout of back pay from those negotiations that boosted his total. The chief's base pay is now $92,000.

The city's new contract with fire commanders says the fire chief will be out of the union and ineligible for overtime after Garrett retires.

O'Brien can be reached at 454-5096 or by e-mail at tobrien@timesunion.com.

Troy's top overtime earners

Each year, the city of Troy tracks its top overtime earners. Last year, more firefighters made the list than police officers.

EMPLOYEE // OVERTIME PAY

1. Fire Capt. Paul Barringer // $33,968.91

2. Fire Capt. Mark Fleming// $31,848.81

3. Police Sgt. William Wade // $31,582.34

4. Fire Capt. Raymond Davis // $30,390.86

5. Police Officer Joseph House // $30,156.81

6. Fire Capt. Robert Davis // $29,885.59

7. Fire Chief Thomas O. Garrett // $29,580.77

8. Firefighter John C. Mulligan // $29,467.45

9. Fire Capt. John Carboni$ // 28,545.26

10. Police Sgt. Brian Baker // $28,052.97

Source: City of Troy

Thant's it only $33,000 in OT.

Is there a particular reason/rationale for posting individuals overtime pay?

Is there a particular reason/rationale for posting individuals overtime pay?

Oh, yeah. We are in contract negotiations right now and amazingly, the same kind of list was circulated around the stations, and ended up in the press. When you have firefighters making over 85,000, the council gets a little edgy...

I really don't think they should post anyone's pay personally, especially in this day and age of identity theft and such.

I really don't think they should post anyone's pay personally, especially in this day and age of identity theft and such.

What does posting pay (of civil servant employesse, which is public record) have anything to do with identity theft??

This is a relevant topic and the system being taken advantage of makes everyone look bad!! I came from LI, and not one of the dept's who's activities made the paper last year......how do you think it made the rest of us feel??

In the city where I work the local paper posts the top 100 city employees salaries each year which includes everyone from the mayor, right down to members of the FD and PD. It is public knowledge so unfortunately they are within their rights.

In the city where I work the local paper posts the top 100 city employees salaries each year which includes everyone from the mayor, right down to members of the FD and PD.  It is public knowledge so unfortunately they are within their rights.

Yes, if you are a "public employee" then your earned income from your "public employer" is public info.

Jason - I am guessing that your name (on the top 100) will appear somewhere close to the "age range" listed on your profile............nice........ blink.gif

Edited by x152

I know a Few people that doubled there base salaries for 2006.

This is a relevant topic and the system being taken advantage of makes everyone look bad!!  I came from LI, and not one of the dept's who's activities made the paper last year......how do you think it made the rest of us feel??

I'm curious about what system is being taken advantage of...

I cant even think why this topic should go anywhere,

1: we all have a right to make a living

2: do we know the circumstances that the OT is availble

3: Manning most likely has a play in this

4: No professional firefighter makes enough for what this job takes.

5: when we get killed tell the family how well off they were. mad.gif

Remember 343 Always

Edited by jloftus

gotta post again I'm so mad.gif

Someone post about a Mount Vernon firefighter starting out making less then 25,000, we had a guy collect food stamps one time.

Or a NYPD officer starting out the same, those are worthy topics