Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Rochelle Station 5?

9 posts in this topic

What's up with that old fire station (that is no longer a fire station) ALL the way up North ave on the north side? Im not talking about Station 3 on North and Eastchester rd. I dont think anyone is going to know what im talking about. Ill see if I can take a ride up there and get a picture of it.

I didnt know that was a private household now. I mean I know they dont use it anymore but then again I didnt think it was a private household. I thought is was still owned by the city. How long ago was that put out of service? And is that where E25 was housed before they bulit the new house on stratton rd?

Ill see if I can take a ride up there and get a picture of it.

Beat you to it Chris. Must be a neat house, I always wondered if it was a firehouse. I'm sure one of the New Rochelle guys could give us the scoop.

[attachmentid=1865]

(Photo Taken 1-12-06 by x635, http://www.x635Photos.com )

post-11-1168626038.jpg

Haha.. nice work Seth, Im sure Chris was looking forward to shooting that house himself.

I bet it's really cool inside. I'd love to see it

Haha.. nice work Seth, Im sure Chris was looking forward to shooting that house himself.

I bet it's really cool inside. I'd love to see it

No I wasn't acctually, lol. I was gunna take a picture to show what I was talking about.

I don't remember making this topic unsure.gifunsure.gif

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

That used to be home to Engine Co. 6 back in the day. Also, I was told that the chuch across the street was a police station at one point.

As a side note, there also used to be firehouses on Chuch St. (now a church) and Union Ave. x Second St. (now a deli I believe). As well as one on Huganot St. where New Roc City is now.

That used to be home to Engine Co. 6 back in the day.

As Engine 26? Or it was just Engine 6 way back?

My guess is engine 6, not 26. I have know Idea where I'm getting this from but Im pretty sure before everything got "organized" in westchester county, New Rochelle just went by Eng. 1,2,3 etc Lad. 1, 2, 3..

correct me if I'm wrong

As Engine 26? Or it was just Engine 6 way back?

It was Engine 6 (before county numbering existed). If I remember correctly, Church St had 1 Eng. & 1 Lad., Hugenot St. Had 1 Eng., Station 2 & 3 were 1 & 1, Station 4 had 1 Engine and the North Ave. house housed Engine 6.

When Station 1 was built, Chruch St & Hugenot St. house closed. Also for a while a 2nd engine ran out of Station 1 as Engine 6, nicknamed The Flying Squad because they responded on all box alarms in New Rochelle. They were also the first company in New Rochelle to have SCBA's. There was a picture of it a while back on the front page under "Classic New Rochelle Apparatus".

Edited by GFD538