Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Rye FD Headquarters Nears Completion

10 posts in this topic

I took this photo yesterday (1-12-06) of Rye FD's headquarters, which has undergone a massive, 2 year renovation and restoration project.

Rye FD is expected to be in by the end of the month (tentative). Can one of the Rye guys tell us what apparatus is stationed there?

[attachmentid=1869]

post-11-1168708154.jpg

Station 1 is home to Engine 191, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26. Before renovations it was home to Engine's 191, 193, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26. Because more room was needed for living space part of the apparatus floor was taken for the career staff's living quarters. Station 2 is now the home of Engine 192, 193, 194 Utility 39,

Station 1 is home to Engine 191, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26.  Before renovations it was home to Engine's 191, 193, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26.  Because more room was needed for living space part of the apparatus floor was taken for the career staff's living quarters.  Station 2 is now the home of Engine 192, 193, 194 Utility 39,

Just a question, why not put one of the ladders up at 2's? Its is a room issue at 2's? Thought you guys wanted to run two engines out of Station 1.

As for the building it looks great, hopefully we can get some inside shots or will there be an open house? The doors look great with the re-pointing of the brick.

Here's a photo of the station, prior to renovation, on LFD171's website:

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester...rye/rye_hq.html

And one on tbendicks site:

http://nycfire.net/gallery/rye/IMG_3531

I also thought they were going to run a ladder out of HQ's and the Point, so that they had a truck out of each house?

Station 1 is home to Engine 191, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26.  Before renovations it was home to Engine's 191, 193, Ladder 25 & Ladder 26.  Because more room was needed for living space part of the apparatus floor was taken for the career staff's living quarters.  Station 2 is now the home of Engine 192, 193, 194 Utility 39,

I thought Rye FD only had three Engines (191-193). When did they get, and what make is E194?

I thought Rye FD only had three Engines (191-193). When did they get, and what make is E194?

Engine 194 = P.O.S.(1981 Hahn)

The powers that be in their infinate wisdom have decided that Rye with it's 6 square miles needs 2 spare engines and one spare ladder. 194 is now the former 193. 193 is now the former 192 As for the placment of equipment I believe it is still somewhat up in the air. The response will remain the same 2 engines and a ladder on all structure type calls. THERE IS NO MANPOWER TO MAN MORE EQUIPMENT THEN THAT (and even that is questionable)

Engine 194 = P.O.S.(1981 Hahn)

The powers that be in their infinate wisdom have decided that Rye with it's 6 square miles needs 2 spare engines and one spare ladder.  194 is now the former 193.  193 is now the former 192  As for the placment of equipment I believe it is still somewhat up in the air.  The response will remain the same 2 engines and a ladder on all structure type calls.  THERE IS NO MANPOWER TO MAN MORE EQUIPMENT THEN THAT (and even that is questionable)

Boy.....what a typical reaction. Make broad sweeping statements with no suggestions for how to recruit more people to do the work. Takes some serious effort and grunt time, but it's doable.

Boy.....what a typical reaction.  Make broad sweeping statements with no suggestions for how to recruit more people to do the work.  Takes some serious effort and grunt time, but it's doable.

What are you talking about? All I did was answer a question. You may not like the tone I used to do this but oh well.

As for broad sweeping statements without any suggestions try this on for size. If the job is not getting done hire more men.

Try harder to recruit and retain. Throwing money at the problem = Not the answer.

Try harder to recruit and retain.  Throwing money at the problem = Not the answer.

Actually Pred1, Turk182 although somewhat sarcastic is right. You just can't keep purchasing equipment and passing it of as additional coverage when you barely have "qualified"manpower to operate them. I am knocking no one, but money can be spent better elsewhere. Either you acquire a strong volunteer base, or you hire additional personel. The municipality in which we work in does not have a substantial base of dedicated volunteers. In many communities, especially ours ,the ones that volunteer more often than not, can't afford to stay. Sorry for the rant but the old addage of "You can't get blood from a stone" is what really needs to be addressed. Buying (retaining) apparatus is completely mind boggling when you don't have the bodies in the first place. Just my 2 cents. This post is probably in the wrong area, Sorry.