Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Ferrara NYC Rescues

13 posts in this topic

This is not necessarily fire related, but it is a fire apparatus builder. According to Ferarra- New Contracts, Ferrara has contracts to build Rescues for the NYPD and NYC Transit. Looks like Ferrara is making some more inroads in the area.

Yeah, it seems that way. I think they also built the new rig for Hazmat Company 1. Any word on how the Ferarra is holding up in NYC? Best of luck to the NYPD and NYT with their purchases.

Yeah, it seems that way. I think they also built the new rig for Hazmat Company 1. Any word on how the Ferarra is holding up in NYC? Best of luck to the NYPD and NYT with their purchases.

I wonder if they meant the MTA Police. Does the MTA PD still run their ESU? I don't know why NYC Transit would be looking for a rescue unit since the NYC Transit Police was merged into the NYPD over 10 years ago. I wonder if they are building the small REP trucks or the larger ESU trucks?

Ferrara has built the new Sattelites, three collapse rescues, Hazmat 1, and the SOC command rig.

Didn't they build a coupld of engines? How do they compare to the rest of the fleet? Do the men like them? How have they faired, maintenance wise?

I wonder if they meant the MTA Police. Does the MTA PD still run their ESU? I don't know why NYC Transit would be looking for a rescue unit since the NYC Transit Police was merged into the NYPD over 10 years ago. I wonder if they are building the small REP trucks or the larger ESU trucks?

MTA PD has an ESU. I think someone had posted on here a while ago that there was a rumor that MTA was looking to buy a rescue. Perhaps this is it?

Didn't they build a coupld of engines?  How do they compare to the rest of the fleet?  Do the men like them?  How have they faired, maintenance wise?

They don't catch the same abuse as most front line apperatus. All of the Ferrara vehicles are special call units. There was one ferrara I believe it went to a squad after 9/11. It was retuned to New Orleans after the hurricanes. I don't recall any problems with it and I'm pretty sure the guys were pretty happy with it.

NYC Transit has formed a Haz Mat team to support the FD and PD with WMD incidents in the subway system. They are getting at least one and are working towards at least a second one.

They build a good rig but our service SUCKS. Hopefully they get better service then we do. We can't get them to come and fix the small thing and the few big problems have taken them months to fix. We accepted our new rigs in March of 06 and still have not given them the $50,000 hold back we have because we are still having issues with service and can't get them fixed. Hopefully by the end of the month they said all should be good. But thats not the first time we have heard that. Good luck with the service. But when the rigs are here and in service they are great, just when the service sucks it affects what you think of the truck.

They also built the new Mass Decon Trucks assigned to the SOC I beleive

The MTA still has an ESU. They have a couple of smaller ESU trucks(Like the NYPD's) and have a larger rescue.

there building one for the nypd as well

If I remember there are a few Ferrara Pumpers in service in FDNY E-54 and E-258 have high pressure pumpers built by Ferrara. Not sure how they are holding up