Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Driving Habits

20 posts in this topic

As I reflect on my commute this morning, I find myself listing all the driving habits - especially those in bad weather like today - that drive me absolutely up a wall! So, I thought it would be therapeutic tongue.gif to post them here and start a thread to see what drives everyone else crazy.

First, the left lane hog. They're driving 20 in the left lane lane with their hazard lights on because it's snowing and don't care who's behind them. Usually this is the '82 Chevy Vega (or equivalent) with four bald tires (all of different sizes I might add) but sometimes it is the 4WD SUV too.

Alright, now it's the road hog. Straddling both lanes, may also have display the same symptoms of the left lane hog (slow, hazards, etc.) but there's no way around this one!

How about the highbeamer? They're driving with their high beams on and don't give a little rat's arse who is coming or passing them. Just blind everyone! Most often this is the NYC TLC Lincoln who's lost in the Country!

Last minute exiter - waits until they're so close to the exit that they have to swerve from the left lane (of course) across the stripes to make it to the exit lane.

Cell phoner - in the left lane yapping (hands-free or not) and completely ignoring everyone and everything around me. May be combined with one or more of the above.

Last but certainly not least - the one in the left lane a mile and a half ahead of you as you approach with lights blazing and siren wailing who waits until you're 100 feet behind them before standing on the brake, almost stopping in the left lane, and frantically swerving into the next lane.

biggrin.gif

Bro I remember you asking this once before in person.

1. All the above of Chris's.

2. Those whom look at you while at a stop sign, you are traveling at a speed limit of 45 to 50 mph, they can see there is no car behind you but still pull out to make their left of right hand turn.

3. People who don't have their kids in the proper child/booster seat.

4. The ones whom can tell you are travelling faster then them but yet still need to get in the lane you are travelling to then gain speed to pass the car. Then look at you like your nuts because you end up on their a$$ trying to slow down.

5. The moron whom feels the need, that by passing you, and cutting you off before 2 lanes merge, that the one car length they gain means all the difference in the world.

6. The merry maids cars that hog the left lane and when you look at the person driving it, looks light a deer in headlights and is white knuckling the steering wheel.

7. Those that when you're just driving in your emergency vehicle almost cause a 100 car pile up to slam on the brakes to allow you to make a turn when your on no call, no lights, no siren, and you know if you had them on the probably would cut you off. lol.

8. A certain population of persons where I work that seem to believe that stop signs with the white band truly are optional.

9. Those whom when you need to make a turn on a fairly heavy traffic road, are approaching stopped traffic or a red light, that instead of just stopping and yielding you the turn...just have to get to the car in front of them because again, stopping 10' back will add nothing to allow you to turn to their time.

OK. I think I might be getting road rage. lol. Oooooosfaba. Oooosfaba.

als, those stop sighns with the white band are not optional. well now i know thanks.

what i hate most is when it is barely snowing and there is that one person in their SUV going 7, yes 7 miles an hour with their flashers. there is no need for the flashers, and no need to go 7 miles an hour.

just my input, and thanks for the heads up als i will stop at those stops sighns from now on.

Another thing just occurred to me - these are all the same morons who were on line in front of us in the supermarket (because we all don't have PeaPod) with two loaded shopping carts because of the forecast. Yet they're on the road today going to work anyway!

All of Chris' and als' plus:

The jerk behind you is so far up your butt that you don't even notice the high beams he's using like a laser cutter to cut you and your car up to get them out of his way, not considering the fact that you are already doing 65 on a highway or 45 to 50 on the other roads.

All of Chris' and als' plus:

The jerk behind you is so far up your butt that you don't even notice the high beams he's using like a laser cutter to cut you and your car up to get them out of his way, not considering the fact that you are already doing 65 on a highway or 45 to 50 on the other roads.

How about the moron driving a small car that puts their blinker on to make a right hand turn, but think they are driving a tractor trailer and has to swing it out wide to the left to make that right

Edited by TheBuff376

7.  Those that when you're just driving in your emergency vehicle almost cause a 100 car pile up to slam on the brakes to allow you to make a turn when your on no call, no lights, no siren, and you know if you had them on the probably would cut you off. lol.

I'm with you on that one... How about when they go 20 miles an hour thinking your a cop.

Oh look!!! that pickup with the blue light on top!!!! (not even turned on)

He must be a secret undercover officer just out to stop me!!! GAAAAA!!

Quick, let me cut off others to get away from him so i can slam on my brakes and only do 55 in a 65!! Then he will not arrest me!!!

Human authority figures!!! GAAAAA!!!

How about the moron driving a small car that puts their blinker on to make a right hand turn, but think they are driving a tractor trailer and has to swing it out wide to the left to make that right

Yup and the same for the left turn where the same jerk makes that left turn from the right shoulder (of a 2 lane road).

Let us not forget the ones that slow down in an area where you cannot pass while you have lights and siren going. They slow down but don't move over.

that one person in their SUV going 7, yes 7 miles an hour with their flashers.  there is no need for the flashers, and no need to go 7 miles an hour.

If they feel the need to be going 7 miles an hour maybe they should have just stayed home. it's not like they DIDN'T know there was a snow storm coming.

I hate the people who see you coming and just HAVE to make that turn with everyone else but end up "Blocking the Box" and then look at you like your crazy for laying into the siren when you get there.

People who stop at Yield signs when there is no traffic

People who stop in the acceleration lane onto a highway waiting for the traffic to clear.

People who pull over during a response but continue driving at speed.

People who stop at Yield signs when there is no traffic

People who stop in the acceleration lane onto a highway waiting for the traffic to clear.

These are some of the absolute worst....how hard is it to freakin merge!!

How about when they see a cop in the distance and slow to 40mph when the speed limit is 55mph.

I can at least understand slowing to 40 mph because you dont want a ticket

the others i cant understand at all and i have just started full time driving with my license

People who pull over during a response but continue driving at speed.

OMG, how famous our fellow NJ drivers are for that one!

Yup and the same for the left turn where the same jerk makes that left turn from the right shoulder (of a 2 lane road).

What about the people who dont make a wide enough turn and almost take your front drivers side conner off of your car.

my biggest problem with drivers is when people dont get into the outside lane on the saw mill so that others who are trying to get onto the saw mill can't. it is the worst when there is a line of cars in the inside lane but none in the outside lane and they wont move over so you can pull onto the parkway.

"The Triple Threat' - those of you that know what i'm talking about, can 100% concur.

You know what I hate about drivers on the road?

EVERYTHING! laugh.gif

Of course, Im the only good driver on the roadway. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Today I was able to even the score on all those drivers who made me nuts during this storm. As per PD I was asked to assist a tow operator in encouraging a vehicle off the concrete center divider. After steady pressure didn't work, at my suggestion we were able to nugde the vehicle over the wall using that beautiful steel segrave bumper. Sadly the vehicles rear axle and drive train may have suffered irreprable damage. F'ing gypsie cabs.