Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFD165

FDNY Test Results

27 posts in this topic

I heard some folks have received their results back from the 1/20 test. Has anyone received theirs yet? Also heard they do not have a score on them, rather a formula for the candidate to figure out their own score.

I did not receive anything yet but did hear that the written was going to be a pass/fail type with no score.

I think that is because of the one section where it was more of your opinion making the answers

i thought the scores wouldnt be out till the end of february...

also, i nvr heard anything about the written being any kinda paa/fail (other than what i heard on this site). curious to see if anyone could comment more in detail about that...i simply cant see that being the case, especially since the physical is pass/fail

Ok I am now very confused. It does not seem possible that it could be pass fail. I heard that the physical was going to be pass fail. Does any one have a precise answer to what is happening with this test and everything? There are just so many rumors going on that I don’t know what to think about this test. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the answer.

My advice to EVERYONE, is just CALM DOWN. The city is not going to get back to you for awhile, trust me its best to just forget about it, and continue with whatever else your doing. The city never gets anythign done on time, and you will drive yourself crazy waiting for results.

The written is not Pass/Fail (the physical exam is pass/fail) I did get my score sheet in Saturday's mail as did other people I know that live in the city. If you live outside the city I suspect you will get your score sheet on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

There is no score on what I got in the mail, it's a sheet that has my answer for each question and the correct answer for each. You have to extrapolate your score all by yourself, most will have trouble doing so I suspect.

Also, for the Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, type questions 2 answers are acceptable for each.

I got mine yesterday and had the wife figure it out. I suck at math, always did. I figure with the residency and military, I did pretty good.

received mine as well...gotta sit down and figure this math out when i get the time....

haha

good luck all

absolutely ridiculous...

From the scores I have heard from several people it sounds like your going to need a 97 or better to have a shot. I know 5 people that are all over 100 with residency credit.

i think we all expected that to happen...

forgot to ask...

i know i heard DCAS say the physical was going to be sometime in spring (or about 2 months after you recieve your results). but then i heard it's not going to be till the fall...anyone know more about this?

I think i asked this before so i dont mean to be repetitious, i'm just curious..thanks!

very confussed

Edited by mpm5

Just some food for thought for you guys who took the recent FDNY test so you don't worry too much and can get a perspective on hiring...when I took the test back in May of 1992 (list 0084) you needed to score a 98.5 or higher with no residency pts (this was the first FDNY test that used residency) and get 100 on the physical test to get on the job. I scored a 99, had no residency and it took me 4 years to get on from when they started to hire off of my list; and I was hired 7 years to the day when I took the test. I wish all of you good luck, it is the GREATEST job in the world.

Just some food for thought for you guys who took the recent FDNY test so you don't worry too much and can get a perspective on hiring...when I took the test back in May of 1992 (list 0084) you needed to score a 98.5 or higher with no residency pts (this was the first FDNY test that used residency) and get 100 on the physical test to get on the job.  I scored a 99, had no residency and it took me 4 years to get on from when they started to hire off of my list;  and I was hired 7 years to the day when I took the test.  I wish all of you good luck, it is the GREATEST job in the world.

4 yrs for me...and I second the previous, good luck, it is the greatest job in the world

Question for those who did figure it out, when checking the points, it only added up to 90 for me. Any comments, suggestions for this? Thanks

All I know is im going to be at the protest session, trying to get every 1/3 of a point that i lost, back

is there really a protest about the FDNY exam results?

yup, on march 3rd you can go and put in written protests about specific answers that you disagree with.

Edited by DCurtis

Question:

On the answer sheet where it shows you the "Proposed Key Answers" the questions that have multiple answers, do you have to have EVERY possible answer, or just one of them?

Only need one, there are multiple answers for those questions that are correct. Still doesnt make sense to me grading it as it doesnt add up to 100 points when checking it

(delete)

Edited by 23piraf

The agree/disagree questions were complete crap and so is the way they graded them. The instructions I felt were poor and incomplete, and the proctors were as good as useless as far as clarifications on instructions. Those questions should not have been on the test or atleast been better explained and perhaps been worth less. I like how on the answer sheet some of them have 3 possibilities and some only have one. How can you say I was wrong when I said that I strongly agree and you think its just "agree" or vice versa? I think its pretty rediculous that those questions pretty much make or break your score.

P.S. Is showing on March 3rd in person the only way to protest your answers?

Edited by illinidorry

I'm going to try to lend a hand here to people having trouble scoring their test.

This is my interpretation of how to score the results...I may be wrong but this seems to be the only reasonable way to figure out a percentage type score.

Questions 1-5 on answer sheet 1 are worth 1 point each =5 POINTS

Questions 6-45 on answer sheet 1 are worth 1/8 of a point (.125) = 5 POINTS

Questions 1-5 On answer sheet 2 are worth 1 point = 5 POINTS

Questions 6-110 on answer sheet 2 are worth 1/3 (.33333333) of a point = 35 POINTS

Questions 111-150 on answer sheet 2 are worth 1 point =40 POINTS

Total Points= 90 so 90/90 is a perfect score.......

Let us assume for a moment a candidate missed the last 3 questions on the first answer sheet.

3*.125 = .375

Let us assume the same candidate missed 7 questions on sheet 2 all of them between questions #6 - 110

7 * .3333 = 2.3331

Let us assume the same candidate got one of the questions worth one full point wrong.

1*1 = 1

Total deductions for this candidate are 3.7081

Test Score = 86.2919 out of a possible 90

To find the percentage score we divide the candidates score by the total possible score:

86.2919/90= 95.8798%

Here is what I cant figure out: Are the 5 residency points raw score points or percentage points? In either case the above candidate would score 90/90 or 100% if he/she was a resident of NYC.

Edited by CFD320

thanks for that forumla, ive tried grading my results 4 differnent ways and got 4 different answers.