Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Westchester Waterway- Marine Units?

10 posts in this topic

with opening day of striper season being mar 16th on the hudson what depts along the hudson have their marine units available. when do the boats get put in and when do they take them out? Looking for info on the rockland co units also.

Dobbs Ferry PD HEAT Unit (Hudson Enforcement Assistance Team) will be launched end of April early May

Although it isn't Westchester, Dutchess County has the Sheriff's Office with a marine patrol. Hughsonville FD HAD a boat (last I heard it was OOS for a few reasons, don't know if it got repaired or not) and New Hamburg FD keeps their boat at White's Marina. City of Beacon has a small Zodiak boat, but to the best of my knowledge is it only deployed as needed.

When I first reazd your post JC I thought it said "strippers." Then I remembered they're never out of season! biggrin.gif

I think in our area most Marine Units are put away for the Winter and usually don't return to service until May. Our Fire boat - Marine 12, won't be back in the Hudson until Memorial Day (give or take a couple days), but our smaller boat - Marine 32 - is able to respond if needed in addition to the Zodiac.

Good question, I never thought of that!

with the hudson being popular for fisherman I have noticed the increase in the use of the river from mid march-jun. many boaters don't consider the boating season open until memorial day. the avid fishermen out there do not care about weather conditions, rain,sleet n snow and they are out there. for those that don't put their boats in the water till jun they miss out on 2 1/2 months of boating. from jun-sept they sit on the boats in the campground and enjoy themselves! yes i did say campgrounds,many people sleep on the boats for the whole summer another consideration if you have a fire in your marina during sleeping hours.

Irvington Marine 4 will be in the water as soon as the ice clears from Tarrytown Marina. Last year we got in the week before the tourney and stayed in the water until mid-December.

Hudson you thinking of adding somthing to your boat?? maybe to sell more dogs to the tired fisherman??

i know the tap system cant be for the Hudson River Water--everyone knows you have to mix that with scotch

Montrose VA Marine 21 is now available all the time. It does not stay in the water, but on a trailer. It's "winter home" is now in the Fire House, instead of the Boat House which is inaccessable when it snows.

We launch from George's Island.