Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

I Think Greenburgh Police Has An ESU

4 posts in this topic

So, I've put a few factors together to at least speculate Greenburgh PD has started an ESU, or is at least trying on out,especially since I've been out of the loop lately...barely even hear from 71 anymore.

I live near Central Ave in Hartsdale, one of the most trafficed roads in town. On my way to Physical Therapy the other day, I saw Greenbrugh Car 123 (I'll get to that in a moment) at an accident scene in Greenburgh along with 150 Engine and 4 Truck,with two officers dressed in ESU gab. I've also seen them responding through the four corners area a number of times now.

Greenburgh Car 123 is a 2 door Chevy K Blazer (think two door Tahoe) that was aqquired from Pocantico Hills FD, and repainted at the Greenburgh PD shops. It is marked "Special Operations"

Anyone know anything further? Factually.

Edited by x635

I've seen that GPD car too. I figured it had something to do with the Technical Rescue team as well as their SWAT Unit.

The same car was at the Haz-Mat incident in Hartsdale at 141 South Central Ave on Nov. 30th.

Hopefully they can get the funding and the manpower to start a full time unit. GPD has some very highly trained people within it, who are experts in certain fields. To have them out there 24/7 would be an asset to the residents of the town and county.