Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mount Kisco Fleet Updates

24 posts in this topic

mutual engine 104 the cf mack will be staying with the company and is getting replaced by a 2006 lance 10 man pierce. 750 water tank, 40 gal foam cell, 2 stage 2000 gpm waterous pump, 195 wheel base, tak 4, 540 hp cat motor, allison trans w/ retarder and we finaly got a que. delivery date urly may 07.

independant engine 106 was just sold this past weekend. it is being replace w/ 2006 lance 10 man pierce. not sure on all specifics and i know my friends will help me here so here goes. 2 stage 2000 gpm, 2 foam cells class a & b, 216 wheelbase, 1000 gal tank and will be outfited w/ 5". pictures and story availible at ifco13.com. delivery said to be at the end of march.

ladder 43 for sale will be replaced by a smeal straight stick no waterway coming in july or august.

Good luck with all the new rigs when they are in service!

thank you! i know we put alot of time and effort to build a nice truck and i'm sure the other companies did also. they will serve us and other communities well.

Edited by mrbolz

What's happening to Engine 104? She's a good rig.... Let me see here...

Best of luck with the new Engine 104, when will she arrive?

-Joe DA BUFF, who's already making a list and checking it twice about the Parade Circuit to play, and this year, he's gonna make Mount Kisco, July 13, right?

post-5182-1176443559.jpg

Any other new info on the new Smeal ladder? Just like us (Port Chester) were waiting on delivery either sep/oct 2007. We'll have a waterway. Best of luck with your NEW apparatus!!

thanks for the exposier on 104. it's staying for now. we have room in our fire house to store it. me personaly would like to see it stored and preserved in a good environment. as of now the new 104 is being built but we are waiting for final drafts of a drawing. we are dealing with some height issues for a hydrolic ladder rack. not sure when we will see it, hopefully we might have it for our parade 7-13-07. 106 is being fixed at pierce for some minor mistakes like the cab wasn't supposed to have windows facing the back and the top of the truck is supposed to be the same height all the way across. the commity is going to the factory for the final inspection this weekend if accepted 106 will then go to tyler fire equipment to get the radios,lights & brackets. the ladder is being shipped to get the back put on it now. the cab and chassis are completed

Edited by mrbolz

I think the NEW TRUCK WAS DELEVERED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving by the Independent and I saw the rig from the www.ifco13.com site

good luck and it really fits the house

engine 106 is in house but not in service.

the new engine 104 was delayed in production due to engineering. we are waiting for prints showing the height requirment. we are haveing a problem because this has a ladder rack wich 103 doesn't. we wont see it until september most likely.

Is there any spy shots of the new ladder for the Hooks.......I've herd so much about yet not even seen a schematic or a build shot

All I know is that it is a smeal straight stick with no waterway but I have no idea what length.

If not a schematic or a build shot can someone show me the direction to a picture of a rig like it.

engine 106 is now in service. a trip to the pierce factory for engine 104 will happen this coming week. hope to have it in town in early sept.

post-837-1187923785.jpgpost-837-1187923785.jpgi went to the pierce factory this past monday and tuesday for the final inspection. engine 104 looks awesome. it's going to tyler fire equipment this week. hope to see it in mt. kisco in a few weeks.

That's one nice truck, good luck with it.

In other Mt. Kisco news, Ladder 43 was "taken away" this morning...

I think the final inspection is next week.

I've seen pictures where members from Mutual E&H have what I think are Interspiro SCBA and tan gear while members of the ladder company and Indepent have SCOTT packs and black gear on. What's the reason for having different SCBA and turnout gear for each company and are members of each company allowed to use the others SCBA after having crosstraining??

wet down for engine 106 and ladder 43 on oct. 20, 2007 at green st. fire house 4:00 p.m. to when ever. engine 104 wet down to be announce at a later date.

I've seen pictures where members from Mutual E&H have what I think are Interspiro SCBA and tan gear while members of the ladder company and Indepent have SCOTT packs and black gear on. What's the reason for having different SCBA and turnout gear for each company and are members of each company allowed to use the others SCBA after having crosstraining??

Just a quick run-down. Each company owns their on vehicles, turn out gear and air packs and such. With this, the individual companies can buy what ever they want. For example the Independent House uses SCOTT Packs, Morning Pride and Globe Gear (all black with yellow reflective). The Hooks use SCOTT Packs as well and also GLOBE gear (Black with orange reflective). The Rescue Company also uses black GLOBE with SCOTT Packs. Finally, the Mutuals use FIRE DEX gear (Tan w/ yellow reflective) also a little globe. We normally respond to our respective house, so we have our own gear and equipment. We can ride with the other companies and use their gear as well.

So for example a member of Hooks is responding with Mutual Engine and they are trained on the Interspiro packs or do they just wing it?