Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hillary Gets Ovation from IAFF

33 posts in this topic

WELL FOLKS WE ALL KNOW THIS IS POLITICS AND THE RIGHT PERSON HAS YET TO BE BORN TO PLEASE EVERY AMERICAN. YES THE UNIONS DO LOOK FOR PEOPLE THAT WILL SUPPORT THEIR NEEDS THIS IS NOT A SECRET ITS ABOUT MONEY AND HOW IT GETS DISPURSED. BEFORE A CANDIDATE GETS ELECTED WE ONLY HAVE THEIR WORD. THEIR PROMISE TO SUPPORT OUR NEEDS AND WE BACK THE MOST BELIEVABLE CANDIDATE. ONCE IN OFFICE WE HAVE THEIR ACTIONS TO GO BY. THE REPUBLICANS CUT THE BILLIONS THAT WERE EAR MARKED FOR THE FIRE SERVICE SO ITS NATURAL TO LOOK ELSEWHERE. WHETHER ITS RIGHT OR WRONG WHO KNOWS.

PERSONALLY I CAN'T STAND HER OR HER HUSBAND. CAPT.32 MADE A COMMENT ABOUT RUDY AND HIS PRIVATE LIFE. LETS NOT FORGET THE GUY HILLARY WAS HAVING THE AFFAIR WITH WHO BLOW HIS BRAINS OUT AT THE CEMETERY WAS IT FORSTER? SOMETHING LIKE THAT

My .02.....

I consider myself to be politically moderate, and I've voted for candidates from BOTH parties at different times. I don't particullarly like Mrs. Clinton, but I have to concede that she has done okay by New Yorkers. As for Bill, I think he was morally bankrupt, but that he got the job done. Slick Willie indeed.

Not to sound high-horsed, but too many of the people who actually do bother to vote probably don't consider their choice of candidates any more deeply than where they decide to buy a Lotto ticket. First impressions mean a lot. Who ever heard of Bill Clinton before the '88 Democratic convention? He was the governor of one of the poorest and most obscure states in the country; four years later he's President by a landslide. Go figure.

Hillary is indeed a carpetbagger, but she had the good fortune of having her main rival (Giuliani) drop out over health concerns. After watching a series of debates between her and the "native New Yorker" Rick Lazio, the choice became clear for me. Lazio was simply clueless and unprepared. Clinton trounced him on every non-morality issue that came up in the debate. She just had a better grip on things than he did, and seemed to be better informed. Personally, I don't hang my hat on the pro-choice/pro-life debate. In fact, I don't even want to see it as part of a platform.

But just who the hell is Obama? And what has he done to make me consider him as Presidential material? Unfortunately for our political process, too many people won't look past the smooth outer shell.

maybe its time to vote with your brain not the sticker on your car

Really? I was planning on doing whatever the IAFF told me to do (I have problems thinking for myself....).