Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MRK303

Affordable housing for volunteer firefighters?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any fire department has a program for affordable housing for volunteers. Has any department bought homes or built homes for firefighters to live in near the firehouse?

I know of two depts here in CT that have dorms in the firehouses that allow firefighters to live in the stations. I also heard that Univ. Of Maryland FD has the same program set up

I know of two depts here in CT that have dorms in the firehouses that allow firefighters to live in the stations.  I also heard that Univ. Of Maryland FD has the same program set up

What are the requirements for the resident FF's? I would imagine that they have to perform a certain level of activity to remain eligible for this benefit.

yeah, they need to respond to a certain percentage of alarms, and drills. they must be ff1 at a minimum.

I think Pound Ridge has some type of program. I'm not sure how many houses they have though.

I think Pound Ridge has some type of program. I'm not sure how many houses they have though.

Does anybody know anyone in any local departments who I can get in contact with regarding affordable housing programs that they might have or anyone I can get information from regarding this issue?