Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Westchester Salary's

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know the Salary's for the Dept's that will be tested in June?

Anyone know the Salary's for the Dept's that will be tested in June?

Not enough!

more than mine, and until that changes I'm going to pout about it.

From what I can remember (and maybe I'll check this weekend), most of the notices I received were between 19,000 and 30,000.

Not enough!

more than mine...enjoy it!

A lot of people are hesitant to talk about their salaries, for whatever reason.

Westchetser salaries range anywhere from $22,000 starting to $90,00 for a firefighter top grade. This, for the most part, doesn't include overtime, training time, Kelly days, holiday pay, and other things that add into the pay. Also, the benefits in most departments are pretty good.

However, the one thing I always tell people- become a firefighter, then worry about the salary. Getting a job here in Westchester is likke winning the lottery. It's the best job in the world. And in most departments, you have time for a B or even C job to supplement your income.

I've heard the valid "I've got a family" excuse and a whole bunch of others.....but if you really want something, go for it and figure the rest out later- it may be hard for a while, but when you're behind the wheel of that Lime Pierce Engine- it's all worth it.

With that said, the wealthiest town in Westchester and the busiest city pay the least. It's something you have to work through- or you'll regret it the rest of your life.

I love how the ability to work a side job is one of the positives to our career. There is no other job that brags about this. I know without my extra income there is no way I could have maintained my lifestyle wich is by no means extravagant, and probably comprable to that of my parents when they were raising their family. I don't get how cops and EMS workers are able to get by seeing how their schedules don't offer anywhere near as much flexibility.