Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Mount Vernon shooting last night

6 posts in this topic

Truck 4,

Does the Mount Vernon PD still have a shared radio frequency with the NYPD 47pct who responded last night? They previously shared a UHF frequency at one time not so long ago...

Thanks

Truck 4,

Does the Mount Vernon PD still have a shared radio frequency with the NYPD 47pct who responded last night? They previously shared a UHF frequency at one time not so long ago...

Thanks

Both agencies have the other's frequencies in their radios... NYPD was able to broadcast directly on MVPD's frequency during this incident and NYPD was originally notified directly by MVPD on the 9th Division frequency.

There may be a separate interoperability frequency but it wasn't used last night.

On the topic of last nights response, I have a question. Let me know if I'm a moron for asking this, but what exactly is a "Level 1 Mobilization" of NYPD?

The 47th Desk has the only MVPD portable radio available. The radios out on the street WILL NOT be able to pick up MVPD freqs. This is very frustrating because we get a lot of crime on the border and are unable to get MVPD assistance quickly, and vice versa. I've been sitting many times on the border watching West. Co. units chasing cars into the Bronx and wondering what is going on....

To answer the other question....

A Level 1 Mobilization is sending a bourough-wide task force team directly to the scene to assist the pct. level in searching for perps, evidence, etc... Basically extra bodies just being sent there.....

The 47th Desk has the only MVPD portable radio available.  The radios out on the street WILL NOT be able to pick up MVPD freqs.  This is very frustrating because we get a lot of crime on the border and are unable to get MVPD assistance quickly, and vice versa.  I've been sitting many times on the border watching West. Co. units chasing cars into the Bronx and wondering what is going on....

To answer the other question....

A Level 1 Mobilization is sending a bourough-wide task force team directly to the scene to assist the pct. level in searching for perps, evidence, etc...  Basically extra bodies just being sent there.....

There must be more radios than that with MVPD's frequency because last night SEVERAL NYPD units came up on the frequency.

As for the Level 1, it also includes ESU and Aviation, usually a temporary headquarters vehicle and other support resources.

NYPD Level 1 Mobilization- Borough Task Force Units, Duty Captain, Command Post/Staff

YPD has a 47 portable at the 2nd PCT and a 50 portable at the 3rd PCT. The YPD patrol portables do not have the NYPD freq's in them. There was talk of having the Sgt.'s portables programmed, but I don't know if that happened. ESU has NYPD SOD and TAC G in all thier portables and can transmit.