Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why Is This News?

18 posts in this topic

wow I like it how they have a NYPD recruitment AD before the main body of the story

I don't even know where to start... Ridiculous maybe?

Absolutely Ridiculous!!!!!

This was also in the Post...guess he was supposed to stay home and mope around...............

i was unable to get to the story by the link posted on here.but i typed in the web site and got it.well wonder if he was worried about the grand jury indictments? those nypd detectives must make some good money.well i wonder what kind of personal car he owns?

Edited by pentax02839

They should focus less on this expensive dinner and focus more on the fact that Sean Bell was a criminal. If anyone uses their vehicle as a deadly weapon they deserve to be shot and killed. End of Story! I do not know what this is so hard for some people to comprehend. Be all means you should fire as many rounds as needed to stop a threat. You know that the liberals will say that the officers should have shot the tires out on the car. These are the same people who say that officers should aim for the legs and shoot a criminal in the knee. Shoot to kill is the proper way to handle a threat to the life of a law enforcement officer or the life of an innocent civilan.

They should focus less on this expensive dinner and focus more on the fact that Sean Bell was a criminal. If anyone uses their vehicle as a deadly weapon they deserve to be shot and killed. End of Story! I do not know what this is so hard for some people to comprehend. Be all means you should fire as many rounds as needed to stop a threat. You know that the liberals will say that the officers should have shot the tires out on the car. These are the same people who say that officers should aim for the legs and shoot a criminal in the knee. Shoot to kill is the proper way to handle a threat to the life of a law enforcement officer or the life of an innocent civilan.

Trauma, you're absolutely right - we're trained to aim for the largest target and to stop the threat - that means the chest in most cases. The only correction I would make is we're not trained to shoot to kill. We're trained to shoot to stop.

was unable to get to the story by the link posted on here.but i typed in the web site and got it.well wonder if he was worried about the grand jury indictments? those nypd detectives must make some good money.well i wonder what kind of personal car he owns?

What kind of personal car he owns? What kind of money he makes? Are you kidding me? This guy just got indicted for doing his job and will likely lose that job as a result of it. He may even wind up in jail if the ADA is anything like the US Attorney who prosecuted the Border Patrol agents involved in a shootout with a drug dealer on the border. Those guys are now doing six years in federal prison!

On a dark street, in the middle of the night, this cop and his partners were out there trying to protect people and are now being called criminals for making a snap decision, a judgement call that he will have to live with for the rest of his life!

Maybe he was trying to enjoy his last weekend as a free man. Maybe he was trying to dump his savings so that there is nothing to sue him for civilly (another sure thing to happen now), maybe he got taken out by his friends to give him a little piece of mind before turning himself in and being charged today.

No matter what it shouldn't be news. It is absolutely ridiculous!

...stepping off soapbox...

maybe Fox should follow around Rev. Al and see where he eats and what he drives...oh and you all should see the art he had in his office before he had a fire there a few years ago...I'll just say...racist

Still missing the point of this story.....

Who gives a SH1T where this guy eats sleeps and whatever. I too would like to know why this is news. I hate the media.....

This whole thing sucks. Sends a bad message to all members of

the NYPD and Police Officers everywhere.

If you are in FEAR for your life you react. End of story!

You train a Police Officer for 6 months, give him a badge, give him a gun, and when he does his job (not always a good outcome) you HANG HIM!

God bless America!

He didn't run a Red Light and get shot he tried to run

down a Police Officer.

It should be noted that his friend paid for the dinner!

Didn't you know your not allowed to eat, or do anything that might take your mind, off your troubles for even a single minute. PS. slow news day..

Let's see if the news tomorrow focuses on "Reverend Al's" Freudian slip calling for all five police officers to be shot. This generated quite a laugh among the assembled "mourners" of Sean Bell and caused Fat Al to back pedal a little and claim that he's not calling for the officers to be shot but it was too little too late.

Why he even gets media attention is beyond me but that's for another thread...

I actually think it shows alot. Its his last meal as a free man, he knows he is guilty and is going away. Wouldn't you like to have a nice meal or something before you turn yourself in the morning. Yes it also must have been a slow news day.

I actually think it shows alot. Its his last meal as a free man, he knows he is guilty and is going away. Wouldn't you like to have a nice meal or something before you turn yourself in the morning.  Yes it also must have been a slow news day.

Are you kidding me? Last meal as a free man? He knows he's guilty and going away? Indictment is not a presumption of guilt... this officer went out for dinner. Whether it was a four dollar dinner, or a 4,000 dollar dinner, it doesn't matter. The news made it sound as if he was out there dancing on Sean Bell's grave chugging bottles of Cristal throwing hundred dollar bills to everyone that passed.

In addition to the outrage most everyone has expressed here, one of the biggest issues i have with these indictments is that they make the statement that the five officers woke up that morning with the intent to kill sean bell.

Ah, good 'ole Fox news.

As far as I'm concerned, always err on the side of caution. A man who has had previous arrests for illegal gun posession, was in a seedy area and had allegedly tried to run down police with his car is a threat. I don't know exactly what happened-- nor does anyone, really-- but unless they're also trained law enforcement professionals, people should stop telling the NYPD how to do their job.