Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

WC Tech Rescue Apparatus?

14 posts in this topic

So, I've been out of the loop for a while.

Did the WCDES aqquire Technical Rescue vehicles from Syosset, Long Island, or a rumor ???

IF so, is there anyone who can get GOOD shots of them when they are relettered to post on EMTBravo.com?

And what are the basic specs on the apparatus? Also, are they kept outside?

So, I've been out of the loop for a while.

Did the WCDES aqquire Technical Rescue vehicles from Syosset, Long Island, or a rumor ???

IF so, is there anyone who can get GOOD shots of them when they are relettered to post on EMTBravo.com?

And what are the basic specs on the apparatus? Also, are they kept outside?

the rescue is relettered already, not sure about the tractor trailer, and it is inside on the apparatus floor @ the training center

the rescue is relettered already, not sure about the tractor trailer, and it is inside on the apparatus floor @ the training center

I though the second piece was a straight chassis box not a TT?

What's gonna be this units function- will it be available like the WC Haz-Mat ?

From what I understand it will be parked at wcdes. If needed it will respond to where ever it might be needed. Just like the haz-mat team.

I though the second piece was a straight chassis box not a TT?

I think you are right, I remember the original pictures showing just a box truck

Not to get off topic...but...So what are the project response times for this apparatus? Big warning signs go off in my head when i hear about county owned and volunteer staffed apparatus - whatever its nature. Whats the minimum staffing requirement before the rig can roll? What about day-time coverage? Whats the policy on members responding to accident scenes? Do you guys get a duty schedule, where you have crews that have committed to be available for certain chunks of time? I think its nice to have one, but if its anything like some of the County owned-volunteer staffed programs i have been witness to - i think tax dollars could have been better spent. Some details on the program would be most helpful.

Edited by 66Alpha1

Is it in sevice yet? If yes, then why did Pleasantville choose to go with White Plains and Fairview?

I think you are right, I remember the original pictures showing just a box truck

you are both most likely right, i thought one thing and typed another, thats what happens when you get old rolleyes.gif

A vehicle is great, but you need the properly trained and equipped personal to be functional.

I think the tech rescue team will work out very well. Does anyone know how to join the team?

I think the concept is great too, but if it's not manned 24hrs a day, there's alot of questions to be asked. Like how many personnel are required to staff it before it rolls out the door? How many can the CNTY guarantee during any time of the day or week? What's the average response time to juristictions that request it, when you have to wait for the personnel to show up to the WCDES? There's alot of What Ifs in my opinion. I guess it's a start though, for Depts. that don't have any Tech.Rescue/Hazmat teams. Anyway, I wish them luck with their game plan.

A lot of very good points - as usual.

While the truck is equipped and in the County, as someone said you need trained personnel and that is in the works. The next team meeting should be soon, they are usually the last week of the Month will be Wednesday March 28th at 7:00 PM at the FTC in Valhalla. To join, turn up fill out an application form and get a signature from your agency head (Chief).

While the concept for the team was started in 2001, prior to 9/11 it's taken a long time to get recognition and funding. Now, comes the training, setting up the team, SOPs etc, etc so it will be some time before the team is officially online.

I was just reading in Fire Rescue about a collapse last year in Phoenix (News Story PFD photos). This was a 7 hour operation, many units, lots of people and resources. Chances are, if something big happens, you are going to need multiple and as many resources as possible. I don't believe this team has the desire to put anyone out of business, or score points or anything else other than to utilize willing volunteers to provide an additional resouce to the local community.

Edited by Monty