Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FDNY Rescue 1

45 posts in this topic

Maybe there are renovations going on, NYC laws mandate that scaffolding be put up over sidewalks to protect pedestrians walking below when doing building construction.

does anybody know if the other Arrow XT rescues are being built or are being ready to get built?

does anybody know if the other Arrow XT rescues are being built or are being ready to get built?

I had heard that if this rig worked out for the Rescue 1 guys, they were going to replace all Rescue trucks - this is all third party so don't quote me. However, my uncle who is on Rescue 3 hasn't mentioned anything about a new rig to me.

Edited by 66Alpha1

They are going to be replacing all of the rescues as the vehicles reach teh end of their service life. Right now they are trying to determine who will be the next manufacturer. As far as I know there have been no moves foreward on this.

They are going to be replacing all of the rescues as the vehicles reach teh end of their service life.  Right now they are trying to determine who will be the next manufacturer.  As far as I know there have been no moves foreward on this.

what are the service lifes?

until they're broken. The current rescue fleet is farily young, but they've been having some serious issues with the chassis, so they began looking at other options for the next generation. Rescue 1 recieved the Pierce and their old rig became the spare/rescue 6

What are they doing with the old Rescue 6 then (Spirit of Oklahoma)? Another spare or does it get put to some other use?

What are they doing with the old Rescue 6 then (Spirit of Oklahoma)?  Another spare or does it get put to some other use?

Maybe for spare Rescue 7? (I know Rescue 6 and Rescue 7 are fully equipped spares ready to go into service when needed).

Maybe for spare Rescue 7?  (I know Rescue 6 and Rescue 7 are fully equipped spares ready to go into service when needed).

Rescue 7?? im not that good with info but i thought there were only 5 or 6 rescue companies in the fdny. so i guess its safe to say that we wont be seeing FDNY buying any more E-One's anytime soon. yeah, whatever happened to the "Spirit Of Oklahoma" rig?

so let me get this straight:

Rescue 1-2006 Pierce Arrow XT

Rescue 2-2002 E-One/Saulsbury

Rescue 3-2002 E-One/Saulsbury

Rescue 4-2002 E-One/Saulsbury

Rescue 5-2002 E-One/Saulsbury

Rescue 6-Freightliner/ALF/General Safety??

Rescue 7-??

I had no idea there was a fully equiped 7th Rescue rig... I thought there was only the 6th. By the way, question on that, who mans R6? Off duty callups from the other rescues or SOC personnel on duty?

On page 4 of the March-April 2007 issue of FAJ, " The new truck is being assigned to Rescue Company 1, located in midtown Manhattan." (As we already know) "It replaces Rescue 1's 2002 Emergency-One/Saulsbury, which will become a spare. The four other FDNY rescue companies, one per borough, each operate identical Emergency-One/Saulsbury rigs. IN addition to these, there area two reserve rescues, each stocked with tools and equipment. They are carried in the FDNY computer system as Rescues 6 & 7. Rescue 6 has a 1988 Mack model MC/Saulsbury, with Rescue 7 having a 2002 Mack MR/General Safety rig. There are also four other spare rescues, used when one of the regular rigs is out of service for maintenence. These area a 2002 Frieghtliner/American LaFrance, two 1996 HME/ Saulsbury units and a 2985 Mack model MC/Saulsbury."

In short:

RESCUE 1 = The new 2007 Pierce Arrow XT rescue

RESCUE 2 = 2002 E-One / Saulsbury

RESCUE 3 = 2002 E-One / Saulsbury

RESCUE 4 = 2002 E-One / Saulsbury

RESCUE 5 = 2002 E-One / Saulsbury

Rescue 6 (reserve) = 1988 Mack MC / Saulsbury rescue (fully equipped)

Rescue 7 (reserve) = 2002 Mack MR / General Safety (fully equipped) (Was donated after 9-11)

Spares:

2002 E-One / Saulsbury (old Rescue 1)

2002 Freightliner / American LaFrance (Spirit of Oklahoma)

two 1996 HMS / Saulsbury (former rescues that survived 9-11)

1985 Mack MC / Sauslbury rescue

Now the question would be would Rescue 1's old rig remain the "first out" spare for the department since they area similar to the other rescues and the Frieghtliner / ALF would become a fully equipped reserve replacing the 1988 Mack / Saulsbury?

Hopefully and FDNY guys or buffs that know anything about this would greatly appreciated.

rescue 7 is at ladder 20 on laffayette street. rescue 6 i think in brookly at maybe squad 252?

THe two HME's are from Rescues 3 and 4. Rescue 4's former had serious mechanical problems and actually had to be towed in October, don't know if she's still around. Spirit of Oklahoma has served as Rescue 4's rig in the past in the long term (March of '03 to March of '04.). I beleive that rig is a full fledged spare, and also not equipped. Love that rig! Hope this helps.

-Joe DA BUFF

Edited by 10-Buff-4

THe two HME's are from Rescues 3 and 4. Rescue 4's former had serious mechanical problems and actually had to be towed in October, don't know if she's still around. Spirit of Oklahoma has served as Rescue 4's rig in the past in the long term (March of '03 to March of '04.). I beleive that rig is a full fledged spare, and also not equipped. Love that rig! Hope this helps.

-Joe DA BUFF

does anybody have pics of the Spirit Of Oklahoma rig?? i only seen it once and it looked like any other fdny rig, except for the "weird" chassis.