Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

"Storm of the Decade" Approaching?

68 posts in this topic

Anyone have an Ark?

LOL Nope not here, Unless u want it made outa heavy snow

LOL

FD was out here few mins ago for a wire down next door, All good i still have power

is this dooms day? westchester county sounds nuts. stay safe and keep up the good work.

is this dooms day?  westchester county sounds nuts.  stay safe and keep up the good work.

It must be gettin real messy down there. Im up in Albany a request was just put out for any department able to deploy to westchester county for 24-48 hours with a 4WD apparatus and pumps. Its gettin pretty sloppy up here to and the rain certainly isnt slowing down.

Many highways, roads still flooded after Nor'easter

By THE JOURNAL NEWS

(Original Publication: April 16, 2007)

Major sections of parkways and highways were closed in Westchester and Rockland counties this morning for flooding, including a section of southbound Interstate 87 in Rockland and most of the southbound Hutchinson River Parkway in Westchester, police said.

Transportation officials urged commuters to be cautious about driving on roads that are open, as rain limited visibility and slowed reaction times.

The following roads were closed at 8:30 a.m.

WESTCHESTER

Bronx River Parkway: closed at the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to Main Street in White Plains

Cross County Parkway: westbound closed from the Hutchinson River Parkway to the Saw Mill Parkway

Hutchinson River Parkway: northbound from exit 6 to Wilmot Road in New Rochelle; southbound closed at I-287 in White Plains to exit 7 on the New York City line

Interstate 95: Exits reopened southbound at Exit 19, Rye/Harrison, but exits accessing the Hutchinson Parkway are temporarily closed.

Saw Mill Parkway: closed from exit 29 Manville Road to Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers

Sprain Brook Parkway: northbound closed from the Bronx River Parkway to Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers; southbound lanes closed between Jackson Avenue and the Bronx River Parkway

Taconic State Parkway: closed from Commerce Street to Stevens Avenue in Valhalla

Route 6: closed to Route 202, from the Bear Mountain Bridge to Route 9/Annsville Circle

Route 9: closed at Main Street in Peekskill, due to a mud slide; closed northbound at Roa Hook Road

Route 9A: closed from Route 119 to Route 100C in Greenburgh

Route 22: closed in North Castle between Route 120 and Orchard Street

Route 100/133: closed at Camp Fire Road in New Castle

Route 120: closed at Douglas Road in New Castle; closed at Route 120 at Douglass Kipp Street in Chappaqua

Route 141: closed at Memorial Drive in Hawthorne

Route 119: closed eastbound at Taxter Road in Elmsford

Mamaroneck village: Fenimore Road closed, First Street, parts of Maple Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue near the village train station are also closed.

ROCKLAND

Interstate 87: southbound closed between Exit 12 and the Palisades Interstate Parkway

Route 303: closed both directions at Oak Tree Road in Tappan

Route 59: closed both directions at Route 303

Edited by LCFD968

Hey if anyone is interested, my neighbors have a new indoor swimming pool and invited everyone to come over to take a dip. sad.gifsad.gif

Uggggg, thank God they didn't have anything in the basement of value and have a good sense of humor.

I've been up since 7 this morning cleaning my basement. Had about 6 inches of water when I first woke up, and its still coming. Had the village out with a pump to help, now its just building up and we're using a shopvac to get it out...doesnt work to well because it just keeps building up. For all the guys working out there, stay safe, and try to stay warm.

Is it over yet???? I am still hiding under the covers!