Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

SNOW!!!! grrrrr

92 posts in this topic

](*,)

Does anybody know what time they are saying the snow will start in the NY area tommmorow?

Ok listen old man whats with the ](*,) icon for??!? It dont mind me, let it snow =D> <--this is the correct icon ...lol

Tell me that when you have to work and drive in it, lol.....wait, you want a snow day, thats why!!

what is this white gold supposed to start?...

I dont even think the weather men know...So there for, WE DONT KNOW ...lol

Exactly! No snow day! You'll be stuck in the house, not able to listen to Southern Westchester on your scanner and annoying your parents all weekend.

I want snow....I have to work sunday so...i know this sounds sick...but i could go for a car accident.....no one dying or anything just something that makes a mess ( yea im a buff) O:)

snow is what i have been waiting for......time to test out some new toys...

Snow has arrived!....100 PM...and there is no way I'll be stuck in the house when its snowing...IM A KID AGAIN, GET THE SLAY!

It's approximately 13:20, and on the Bronx Coast, we're seeing some heavy snow and foggy conditions. It's pretty much localized in my neighborhood because we are right on the water - the Throgg's Neck Bridge is on the other end of my street. However, this is what the National Weather Service is saying:

...BRONX NY-ESSEX NJ-HUDSON NJ-KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY- NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY-QUEENS NY-RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-UNION NJ- 1251 PM EST FRI DEC 5 2003

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...

SNOW WILL RESULT IN ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES BY EVENING. PRECIPITATION MAY MIX WITH LIGHT RAIN OR SLEET TONIGHT AS RELATIVELY MILD AIR IS DRAWN IN FROM OFF THE OCEAN... LIMITING ADDITIONAL TOTAL ACCUMULATION BY EARLY SATURDAY.

PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY BECOME ALL SNOW AGAIN LATE TONIGHT AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES SATURDAY... WITH 4 TO 6 INCHES TOTAL ACCUMULATION BY SATURDAY EVENING. SNOW... HEAVY AT TIMES... WILL CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY NIGHT... THEN TAPER OFF AND END BY DAYBREAK SUNDAY. WHILE THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS STORM WILL DETERMINE THE EXACT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS... AT THIS TIME SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 6 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. IN ADDITION... NORTHEAST WINDS WILL BECOME STRONG TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT... CAUSING CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

And this sucks, because I have a final tomorrow at 1100. ](*,)

14:11pm...no sign of serious snow.....flurries, if that and you cant even tell by looking out your window....i am now depressed :cry:

EMSWhitecloud,

The reason your not seeing seriouse snow is because your in the north. It's supposed to hit the southern part of the county really bad.(Like where I am SWEET :D/

yea and accroding to most news channels it supposed to hit all of Westchester delivering between 6-13 inches of snow depending where you are....Well i dont like where I am. ](*,)

YUP, All night tonight...will moderate snow fall, and all day tomorrow into tomorrow night...supposed to get up to a foot or more...i'm a little disappointed because there was no snow day, so i guess now it sorta defeats the purpose.

Well, its 21:46 (9:46pm for those non-military time people) at Lincolndale Station and there is only about 2 " on the ground with what appears to be only flurries in the air. Bring on the real snowfall!!!

4 WORDS...GET READY FOR TOMORROW! Tomorrow is supposed to be really bad. There calling for 9+ inches, let alone the stuff we got today. Be Safe out there tomorrow guys and girls

Yup...you were right. By the time I got off work and was heading home, it was snowing hard and the wind was whipping. 12 hours later, here I am at home and its still coming down.

Today is one of those days where you have an excuse to stay home! And i'm sticking with this excuse!

P.S. STAY SAFE

I agree....What a great day to stay home,have a cup of hot chocolate, read a good book or watch some good DVD's or TV.......for tommorow, I will have a lot of shoveling/snowblowing to do!!! Maybe I willl even drag out the old sled!!! You're never too old!!!

Thanks to all those out there working to keep our roads cleaned!!! =D>

And just to clarify, I like snow, however I hate clearing, driving and working in it!

And BTW, thanks EMFAS for the update

Ok remember how I was all excited for the snow....well i lied. My car is burried in probably close to a foot and a half in snow and the best part is my neighbor and I have conjoined driveways and he has a plow....yea well he plowed his half but didnt even look twice at mine. In the past years hes always done it. So now at this point im thinking about just going out and shoveling (which will take forever) but then i look at my road, and whats the point because they havent even plowed it. See this would all be different if I didnt have a mustang. I cant even hit wet road without the chance of my car sliding, im not that stupid i think my car is staying right where it is. And to top it all off, im on duty today at YVAC and I need my car......guess im gonna have to call someone, yea but anyway I now hate snow. ](*,) :cry:

Just be glad you didnt have to drive during the snowstorm. I had some interesting adventures!

yes and your car is four wheel.....its a lot better off then mine so whats your point? :)

well, if you were happy last week (sarcasm) then you will be happy this week! THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IS TRACKING ANOTHER FREAKEN STORM! There saying it could be worse then last week, and just the same. They are saying Sunday into Monday...um, can you say SNOWDAY? GET READY GUYS!

Are you serious...I gotta watch the weather now.

It looks like were going to see a bit of everything. There calling for rain, sleet, and snow. They are mostly calling for a significant amount of accumulation. Why Do I get a feeling that this winter is going to be hell? :x

Its technically not even winter yet. Seems like its gonna be every weekend. We'll have to see how the rest of the winter progresses. From what I just heard, there is a Winter Storm Watch for the area and we could see 6-12 inches of snow starting Sunday afternoon, lasting through Monday afternoon. Here we go again...... :D/

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SUNDAY UNTIL 10:00PM EST

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Upton NY 412 PM EST Sat Dec 13 2003

...The National Weather Service Has Issued A Winter Weather Advisory For Sunday...

Snow Developing Sunday Expected To Mix With Sleet And Accumulate Between 4 And 6 Inches Before Changing Over To Rain. As Colder Air Returns Monday The Rain Is Expected To Turn Back To Snow With Additional Minor Accumulations Possible.

...BERGEN NJ-EASTERN PASSAIC NJ-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT- NORTHERN NEW HAVEN CT-NORTHERN WESTCHESTER NY-ROCKLAND NY- 412 PM EST SAT DEC 13 2003

... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SUNDAY INTO MONDAY...

SNOW DEVELOPING SUNDAY EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE BETWEEN 3 AND 5 INCHES BY EVENING. ANOTHER 2 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE SUNDAY NIGHT WITH A COUPLE INCHES MORE MONDAY. TOTAL ACCUMULATION EXPECTED TO RANGE BETWEEN 6 AND 11 INCHES....

WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY...

EASTERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE AND BECOME STRONG AND GUSTY DURING SUNDAY AFTERNOON. BY MID AFTERNOON THE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE TO 30 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 45 MPH POSSIBLE. THESE WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY EVENING THEN DIMINISH SOMEWHAT LATE SUNDAY EVENING AS THE LOW PASSES THROUGH THE REGION. OVERNIGHT SUNDAY INTO EARLY MONDAY MORNING THE WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTHWEST AND INCREASE ONCE AGAIN. BY MID MORNING MONDAY... NORTHWEST WINDS OF 30 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 45 MPH ARE LIKELY. SOME GUSTS MAY REACH AROUND 50 MPH ESPECIALLY OVER HIGHER TERRAIN. THE WINDS WILL THEN GRADUALLY DIMINISH LATE IN THE DAY MONDAY INTO MONDAY EVENING.

oh yea, and to boost everyones mood again...THEY ARE CALLING FOR ANOTHER NOR EASTER!!! This time it is for Wednesday into thursday! #-o

This weather stinks...it wouldnt be that bad if it were just snow but when u mix in the rain and the sleet, it is horrible...i hate this! There is nothing to do! ](*,)