Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Boston Going Back To E-One?

7 posts in this topic

Boston just took delivery of a brand new E-One engine, after their last batch of Pierce Engines. Before the Pierces, Boston was a strictly E-One department. This Engine was intially going to Engine 52, but was reassingned to Engine 29 at the last minute. Wonder if they will be going back to E-Ones?

http://www.firenews.org/metrofire/images/BostonE29new07.jpg

(Photo By MEB from FireNews.org)

However, their beautiful new Rescue is a Pierce Quantum (wish I had a photo, it's really beautiful)

Boston never really left E-one. The former commissioner liked Pierce and that is why they got those pumpers, towers and aerials the last time. No it looks like Seagrave may be making a come back in Boston with the BFD looking to purchase two TDA's.

You'll see E-One remain in Boston for a long time and new purchases made.

Boston never really left E-one.  The former commissioner liked Pierce and that is why they got those pumpers, towers and aerials the last time.  No it looks like Seagrave may be making a come back in Boston with the BFD looking to purchase two TDA's.

You'll see E-One remain in Boston for a long time and new purchases made.

its tough to say because there are a lot of people that prefer an E-One and there are people that prefer the Pierce. i prefer Pierce myself. hmmm......Boston and Seagrave......sounds like a nice combo to me. are there any TDA's currently in Boston??

its tough to say because there are a lot of people that prefer an E-One and there are people that prefer the Pierce. i prefer Pierce myself. hmmm......Boston and Seagrave......sounds like a nice combo to me. are there any TDA's currently in Boston??

None, they were all phased out.

Mike

None, they were all phased out.

Mike

i know most of the ladders up in Boston are mostly E-One Rearmounts.

The rest are either rearmounts from Pierce or mid-mount towers from Pierce.

Mike