Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

What Is Kitbashing?

5 posts in this topic

INTERESTS: Hazmat, Die cast, Kit bashing, Computer Programming, teaching, web design

MORE: I enjoy kit bashing and collecting model fire apparatus. I keep most of my apparatus in my "model fire company" it has 5 stations, and the rigs in it are constantly changing. The rest of my die cast goes on a table with shelves or in to a display case I hand crafted in my school shop. I love to chat and post on the message board, and work on my website. I also love taking photos of fire apparatus (espcially FDNY, and NYPD SOD)

Http://www.10-75.tk

Maybe I am dumb....

What is kit bashing?

Kit bashing is taking models such as Code 3 or Corgi and turning them into one of a kinds.

Kit bashers will change everything from paint and lettering to bodies and chassis.

If you go to www.fireengines.net there is a whole section dedicated to this hobby.

Ahhhh.  Got it now.  Thanks.

An example of kitbashing:

Somebody buys one of Code 3 Collectible's Mack CF releases like this one:

http://www.code3.net/product/detail.asp?item=12500

Then they chop it up, remodel and add stuff, and repaint it......to make it look like, lets say, Engine 119. LOL

Kitbashing is related to many different hobbies, such as model railroading. When you take a particular model and add of subtract

materials to change its look. Also model cars and trucks when you change it color etc and markings