Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Response Times For Spec Ops Teams

4 posts in this topic

What do you consider an acceptable minimum or maximum response time for a special operations team (trench, rope, collapse, etc)??

This includes all required tools with sufficient properly trained manpower. Also, setup time should be factored into response time.

This is a little broad of a question but I will just suggest that you remove set up time from the response time. A haz mat team may be on scene hours setting up, testing & probing before a course of action is even selected let alone put into action.

I'm referring to the time from when the team is requested to the time the team is on scene, in addition the the standards I mentioned above.

Surely, some more people must have an opinion on this.

I think a lot depends on the capability of the team, size required for deployment etc. NYTF-2 had, and may still have a time of 2 hours to being on the road. Now, in theory, this is a team of 50 people that could be away from base for 48 hours.

Presumably a local team would be much smaller, fewer people, smaller response aera etc - and a quicker response time. Step up to a reagional team and it's different again.

Now regardless though - every team should set an expectation so that people know ahead of time what to expect. I also think that the 'time' should not include travel time, obviously ther's a difference between travelling a few miles and even travelling a few tens of miles in WC.